Android Question How to Get the Transcript of a YouTube Video ?

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear all,
Greetings,
Can I get Transcript of YouTube or MP4 video in real time with running the video ?
That I need to write the transcript in separate "Text area" and translate it in real time in other text area.

Else even, can I get the overall transcript of whole video ?

I hope to get the first solution (i.e. get each text at running video in Realtime)

Thanks on advance
Best regards

MicroDrie

Licensed User
A few things that come to my mind reading your question. First, you have recorded content on Youtube and live content. At the moment, live subtitles are not yet possible, but subtitles can increasingly be turned on on recent ("popular") recorded videos in multiple languages. Subtitles consist of a time marker and the subtitle text. This can also be displayed as a transcript with time and accompanying text. Sorry, but without a specific description of exactly what you want, it becomes difficult to give a more specific solution.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can I get Transcript of YouTube or MP4 video in real time with running the video ?
Youtube does not provide a Api for that.

I never saw such a library. Not for any other language and even not for B4X.

But i may be wrong

There are some websites who offer such a functionality. NOT FREE sure

One example:

Upvote 0

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Mr. MicroDrie, Mr. DonManfred
Really many thanks for your support.
I'll use manual way now to get the attached transcript for YouTube video if it found, Many thank at all for your support.

No, I need answer for other question, "How can I know the time of video at running ??"
i.e. while running the video (YouTube) I need to display the elapsed time , that may the user change the cursor position forward or reverse, I need to get the time of that cursor of running.

Any help please.
Best regards

Upvote 0

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Mr. MicroDrie, Mr. DonManfred
Really many thanks for your support.
I'll use manual way now to get the attached transcript for YouTube video if it found, Many thank at all for your support.

No, I need answer for other question, "How can I know the time of video at running ??"
i.e. while running the video (YouTube) I need to display the elapsed time , that may the user change the cursor position forward or reverse, I need to get the time of that cursor of running.

Any help please.
Best regards
Thanks, I got it in SNYouTube library
Thanks a lot for all interest.
Best regards

Upvote 0