1. *** New version of B4J is available ***
    B4J v7.8
    Dismiss Notice

Android Question How to insert datamap values into a table

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Makumbi, May 27, 2019.

1. Makumbi

Makumbi Active Member Licensed User

My table Grades has fields like Account, Name,Subject,Score,Grade
    how can i insert data into my table from the datamap

Code:
    Dim jsonString As String = $"[{"ACCOUNT":"05-05828","Name":"ALIONZI MARTIN","HISEP1":"82","HISEP3":"94","HISEP6":null,"HISP1GRADE":"D1","HISP3GRADE":"D1","HISP6GRADE":"","GEOEP1":"51","GEOEP2":"73","GEOEP3":"88","GEOP1GRADE":"C6","GEOP2GRADE":"C3","GEOP3GRADE":"D1","ENGEP1":null,"ENGEP2":null,"ENGEP3":null,"ENGP1GRADE":"","ENGP2GRADE":"","ENGP3GRADE":"","ECONEP1":"73","ECONEP2":"88","ECONP1GRADE":"D2","ECONP2GRADE":"D1","DIVEP1":null,"DIVEP2":null,"DIVEP3":null,"DIVEP4":null,"DIVP1GRADE":"","DIVP2GRADE":"","DIVP3GRADE":"","DIVP4GRADE":"","LUGSWAEP1":null,"LUGSWAEP2":null,"LUGSWAEP3":null,"LUGSWAP1GRADE":"","LUGSWAP2GRADE":"","LUGSWAP3GRADE":"","FINEARTEP1":null,"FINEARTEP2":null,"FINEARTEP3":null,"FINEARTEP4":null,"FINEARTEP5":null,"FINEARTEP6":null,"FINEARTP1GRADE":"","FINEARTP2GRADE":"","FINEARTP3GRADE":"","FINEARTP4GRADE":"","FINEARTP5GRADE":"","FINEARTP6GRADE":"","ENTEP1":null,"ENTEP2":null,"ENTP1GRADE":"","ENTP2GRADE":"","COMPEP1":null,"COMPEP2":null,"COMP1GRADE":"","COMP2GRADE":"","SMATHEP1":"72","SMATHEP2":"84","SMATHP1GRADE":"C3","SMATHP2GRADE":"D1","GPEP1":"35","GPGRADE":"P8","PHYEP1":null,"PHYEP2":null,"PHYEP3":null,"PHYP1GRADE":"","PHYP2GRADE":"","PHYP3GRADE":"","CHEMEP1":null,"CHEMEP2":null,"CHEMEP3":null,"CHEMP1GRADE":"","CHEMP2GRADE":"","CHEMP3GRADE":"","BIOEP1":null,"BIOEP2":null,"BIOEP3":null,"BIOP1GRADE":"","BIOP2GRADE":"","BIOP3GRADE":"","MATHEP1":null,"MATHEP2":null,"MATHP1GRADE":"","MATHP2GRADE":"","AGRIEP1":null,"AGRIEP2":null,"AGRIEP3":null,"AGRIP1GRADE":"","AGRIP2GRADE":"","AGRIP3GRADE":"","HISPoints":"A","GPPoints":"F","PhyPoints":"","MathsPoints":null,"BioPoints":"","ChemPoints":"","GeogPoints":"D","EconPoints":"A","LitPoints":"","IREPoints":"","LugPoints":"","artpoints":"","FoodPoints":"","TDPoints":"","GermanPoints":"","WoodPoints":"","ArabPoints":"","EnterprPoints":null,"SubMathPoints":"O","CompPOINTS":"F","PrinciplePoints":15,"SubsidiaryPoints":1,"TotalPoints":16}]"$
    End Sub

Dim parser As JSONParser
        parser.Initialize(jsonString)

Dim root As List = parser.NextArray

For Each colroot As Map In root

Dim dataMap As Map
            dataMap.Initialize

For i = 0 To colroot.Size-1

If (colroot.GetValueAt(i) <> NullAnd (colroot.GetValueAt(i) <> ""Then
                    dataMap.Put(colroot.GetKeyAt(i),colroot.GetValueAt(i))

End If

Next

Next

Dim gen As JSONGenerator
        gen.Initialize(dataMap)

Msgbox(gen.ToPrettyString(1),"dataMap")

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

1. Never use Msgbox. Use Log instead (or MsgboxAsync).
    2. Never use GetValueAt / GetKeyAt. Use For Each instead.

Watch the video tutorials. You will understand things better.

The question itself is not clear. Search for DBUtils. It will help you.

Mahares likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice