B4J Question How to kill process : java (TM) Platform SE binary

electro179

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

When I run and after I close my program jar the process : java (TM) platform SE Binary is always active.

If I use B4J the process is killed well when close the program.

Someone has a solution ?

thank you

Tadeu Botelho

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello friends
I have the same problem too.
I'm working on building a web server with database.
I am sharing the available space here in the forum (DataCollectionServer)
After build or server I can not close the service that is opened without Windows Task Manager.
I can close the service only when I close manually by task management.
Can you help me create a way to close this service inside the B4J?
Thank you
DataCollectionServer.PNG
Open Forever.jpg

Attachments

• DataCollectionServer.zip
    45.4 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Please start a new thread (you should not open old ones). If need you can link to this thread in your new thread.

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can close the service only when I close manually by task management
Have you tried clicking on the "Kill Process" button below your log windows?

Upvote 0

Tadeu Botelho

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Friend!
Thank you very much for your intention to help me, but it will not do.
I need to eliminate the process automatically and without manual user intervention. Because the application will be running on a server without a keyboard, without a mouse and without a monitor. Therefore, no users.
I need a command in B4J that does this for me when the service is no longer useful.
I created a C language process eliminator and put it on the server to do this manual work.
But I'd like to know how to do this in B4J. So I started to study the features of B4J 3 days ago and I still do not master it like I do in C #.
My intention is to create a web server with available databases to be accessor via browser, windows, linux, mac or android by the clients through queries or inclusions. And this server should be flexible and small because sometimes have to stay inside the client's own machine. I found B4J very interesting and easy to use. So I'm studying these hot spots before releasing a Beta server.
Thank you

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So, do you want the application to be able to kill/stop itself or should an outside tool do it? If you are creating a server that relies on jServer (looks like you are) you could create a handler that, given the right parameter, stops the server (therefore can stop itself). You could also install the server as a service and then use whatever operating system tools to start/stop the service (therefore allowing external tools to stop the server).

I still think you should have started a new thread, since I'm pretty sure you are going outside of the bounds of the original question of this thread.

Upvote 0

Tadeu Botelho

Licensed User
Longtime User
So, do you want the application to be able to kill/stop itself or should an outside tool do it? If you are creating a server that relies on jServer (looks like you are) you could create a handler that, given the right parameter, stops the server (therefore can stop itself). You could also install the server as a service and then use whatever operating system tools to start/stop the service (therefore allowing external tools to stop the server).

I still think you should have started a new thread, since I'm pretty sure you are going outside of the bounds of the original question of this thread.

Yes.
I have created a method for the server to receive external command for reboot or shutdown.
Thank you for the tips.
I'll open a new thread next time

Upvote 0