Android Question How to reset the Advertising id?

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all

I read that the Advertising id can be rest by the user. But how to do it?

Why I'm asking - for a long time I'm using this Advertising id in my project the id has never changed even if I remove the app from my phone and install it again - the id is always the same.

The old id started with 14

Yesterday I cleaned up a cache and data from Play Store. When I run my project today I see that the id has changed. The new id started with 90

I tried to reproduce it - cleand up the Play store again - the id (the new one) hasn't chanhed. I run Erel project - the same id again - statred with 90.

My question is - is it possible to get the old id (started with 14)?

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
I dont know.
Why you use Advertising ID?

You shoud read:

As part of Google Play services update in late 2021, the advertising ID will be removed when a user opts out of personalization using advertising ID in Android Settings. Any attempts to access the identifier will receive a string of zeros instead of the identifier.

Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have edited my reply with:

As part of Google Play services update in late 2021, the advertising ID will be removed when a user opts out of personalization using advertising ID in Android Settings. Any attempts to access the identifier will receive a string of zeros instead of the identifier.

You cannot expect Advertising ID to by unique any more, as a lot users will have all zeros, my self included.

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have edited my reply with:

You cannot expect Advertising ID to by unique any more, as a lot users will have all zeros, my self included.
Thanks

Upvote 0