iOS Question How to restore keychain entry

Vern

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a circular problem. I'm having issues when compiling with the hosted builder:

Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Failed to parse certificate file.Error: security: SecKeychainDelete: The specified keychain could not be found.

I checked my Mac and the keychain entry is missing. Probably got wiped out after the xcode 13.4 update. Normally a compile to the local Mac will add the keychain entry, but when I try to start the B4i BuildServer it stops and displays the error "Failed to find xcode version". It's probably looking for xcode 13.2 which is not available. Is there another way to restore the keychain?

Vern

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was compiling with the hosted builder with no problems, so the signing key was not an issue. Then xcode got updated and the problem started.
Yes, the xcode additional components are installed but the BuildServer will not start because of the xcode version.

Upvote 0

Vern

Licensed User
Longtime User
Fair enough. This is what happens when I compile with the hosted builder:

B4i Version: 7.80
Parsing code. (0.44s)
Building folders structure. (0.01s)
Compiling code. (1.15s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.04s)
Compiling debugger engine code. (5.14s)
Building Xcode project. (0.17s)
Preparing project for builder. (0.63s)
Project size: 1.19 MB
Error: security: SecKeychainDelete: The specified keychain could not be found.

Upvote 0

Vern

Licensed User
Longtime User
I created a new certificate and provision profile, and reinstalled B4i but still can't compile with the hosted builder. Is there anything else to try?

Upvote 0

Vern

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes I deleted files in the keys folder but it made no difference. I created a test app and was able to compile and run it but when I went back to my real app I got the same keychain error. It looks like the package name causes it to look for the keychain entry and might be related to not being able to start the BuildServer:

$ java -jar B4iBuildServer.jar
Build server version: 7.5
-------------------------------------------------
2022-06-07 11:30:11.959:INFO::main: logging initialized @162ms to org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.StdErrLog
loading default configuration file.
AppPath=/Users/MacAir/Desktop/BuildServer
Mac version 10.16
Failed to find xcode version.

Upvote 0

Vern

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is what happens:

B4i Version: 7.80
Parsing code. (0.52s)
Building folders structure. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.95s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.06s)
Compiling debugger engine code. (4.98s)
Building Xcode project. (0.36s)
Preparing project for builder. (0.54s)
Project size: 1.19 MB
Error: security: SecKeychainDelete: The specified keychain could not be found.

Out: Command line invocation:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -configuration Release PRODUCT_NAME=HydroScribe CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload "CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY=iPhone Distribution: Codegenics Corporation (2M593KPLT3)" "OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS=--keychain <user id>" PROVISIONING_PROFILE=53d31a08-cb07-4c52-bbed-041c93472138 -arch arm64

Upvote 0

Vern

Licensed User
Longtime User
It took a lot of testing to find this, but the problem only occurs when the iCustomListView or xCustomListView library is selected (even if not used). I have no idea why. As soon as the custom list view library is unchecked, the problem goes away.

Upvote 0