How to select a directoty

sloopa

Licensed User
I need a dialog to select a directory?

Has somebody a solution?

sloopa

Licensed User
my fault, :sign0013: ...

(My lazy bones - First look at examples than ask...)

sloopa

Licensed User
Second question:

What is to do that it works on the desktop with all partitions - hard drives?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Attached is an improved example that allows the user to choose the drive (on the desktop).
It checks for available drives using the following code:
B4X:
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]for [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]i = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]asc[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]("A") [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]to asc[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]("Z")
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]  if DirExist[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]chr[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2](i) & ":\") = true [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]then [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]cmbDrives.Add([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]chr[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2](i) & ":")
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]next
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Attachments

• FolderChooser.sbp
    2.6 KB · Views: 289

sloopa

Licensed User
thx

as every time superb and fast support :sign0060:

adukes

Licensed User
I have been experimenting with the FolderChooser example, trying to make my own OpenDialog. I understand the OpenDialog is somehow resticted by the OS. That brings up 2 questions:

1. Could the FooderChooser example be modified a made a library that acted as a Open Save dialog with no folder restrictions? Is there a good reason for the restrictions? Maybe there is something fundamental here I am not aware of.

2. I have noticed a number of differences in the way my modified FolderChooser sample operates on the destop, in the VS emulator, and on the device. This makes it difficult to troubleshoot and debug. Is there any reference that describes differences in the file system between XP and Windows Mobile?

dzt

Licensed User
1. Don't forget that PPCs are simple devices targeting to non experienced users. A developer should take care of that.

2. I'm not aware of a guide describing that

Regards