Android Question How to send an anonymous SMS or use a short number

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Alex Guerrero, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Alex Guerrero

Alex Guerrero Member Licensed User

Hello, it is possible to send an "anonymous SMS" as does SMS Gateway or SIM Modem, I want to hide or change the number from where the SMS is sent by a short code or Short Sender [for example: +57 32043287## by 34512], the plan is to change the SMS to prepaid users for data (kbps) for internet access or voice calls.

2. Peter Simpson

Peter Simpson Expert Licensed User

A quick guess would be I doubt that is even aloud for security reasons, I mean for example a malicious app sending out spam text messages springs to mind. I presumed that you would need to use an internet service of some kind to do that for you, but maybe another member can tell you otherwise.

Erel likes this.
  3. Alex Guerrero

Alex Guerrero Member Licensed User

@Peter Simpson & @Erel : It is not for a malicious app, it is an enterprise to make use of SMS that users do not use and exchange for data (kbps) for internet access.

4. Brandsum

Brandsum Active Member Licensed User

For sending SMS from a short number you need a transactional or promotional SMS gateway like Msg91 or AlibabaCloud SMS service. Transactional SMS will be delivered to all the numbers but promotional SMS will be delivered to only non-dnd users. You can use their API or SDK for sending an SMS from your app/webserver.

If you use promotional SMS service then you can send anything. But if you use transactional SMS service then you can only send approved SMS template.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice