Android Question How to send ZPL commands through B4A

joaquinortiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello fellows, I'm a Zebra Partner, and I want to know hoy to send ZPL printing language through B4A.

I usually send this with Windows Mobile using vb.net (compact framework) making an Open COM1 device subrouting, sending ZPL language by Bluetooth.

How can I do it with B4A?

I'll appreciate any help.

joaquinortiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did several tests with the ZPL commands from B4A until I finished blocking the printer, in the end a waste of time, I had to download an application from the Zebra website to be able to do a hardware reset.

And how did you do with all that?
Yesterday, I download your sample, and run it in a Motorola G Play Cellphone (is some little oldie) with Android 7.1.1 and with a MZ220 Zebra printer, and I execute it and runs good.

Now I will change the program replacing your lines with ZPL code commands and to see if it works.

As soon I have the tests I'll inform you how was it.

Upvote 0

joaquinortiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yesterday, I download your sample, and run it in a Motorola G Play Cellphone (is some little oldie) with Android 7.1.1 and with a MZ220 Zebra printer, and I execute it and runs good.

Now I will change the program replacing your lines with ZPL code commands and to see if it works.

As soon I have the tests I'll inform you how was it.
@Bladimir Silva Toro.....Grandes y buenas noticias, utilizando tu aplicación pude mandar el contenido de un archivo ZPL a una impresora Zebra modelo ZD420 a través de Bluetooth

Con todo gusto, te platico que fue lo que hice, si gustas organizamos un webconference para comentarte.

Adjunto tu codigo modificado con comandos ZPL

Saludos!

Bladimir, Greaaattt newsssss!!!!!.....using your sample code I send ZPL commands from a file to a Zebra model ZD420 via Bluetooth.

I'm very glad to explain you how I did it. We can make a webconference and explain you, any time.

I attached your code with zpl commands.

Greetings Friend!.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-09-27 at 12.58.02 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-09-27 at 12.58.02 PM.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 195
  • PrintBT.zip
    111.9 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bladimir Silva Toro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @joaquinortiz

Look at this was what I printed on my Zebra iMZ320 printer.

I wanted to ask you how it would be to print hello world in a large font size, send me the ZPL command.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Impresion Zebra ZPL.jpg
    Impresion Zebra ZPL.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:
Upvote 0

joaquinortiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Pronto publicare una clase que estamos usando para la impresoras ZEBRA que utilizan programación de protocolo ZPL o ZPL II.

estamos en la fase de crear un diseñador etiquetas en B4J (Jserver).

Saludos,
Excelente Oparra, me considero el primer interesado en tu clase y diseñador. Notificame cuando lo tengas listo.

Great Oparra, please notify me when you have it.

Upvote 0

Bladimir Silva Toro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Si gustas agendamos un webmeeting y te muestro como lo hariamos, y tambien como lo comenta Oparra.

Hello @joaquinortiz
Dime cuando puedes para que me expliques por que la verdad esos comandos ZPL me tienen loco y no entiendo ni papa como hacer lo que quiero.
Tell me when you can so that you can explain to me why the truth is that those ZPL commands have me crazy and I don't understand anything about how I can do what I want.

Upvote 0

joaquinortiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @joaquinortiz
Dime cuando puedes para que me expliques por que la verdad esos comandos ZPL me tienen loco y no entiendo ni papa como hacer lo que quiero.
Tell me when you can so that you can explain to me why the truth is that those ZPL commands have me crazy and I don't understand anything about how I can do what I want.
mandame un correo por favor a:
[email protected]

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't have it in sight, but I search the forum?.

Remember that the connection, as I already mentioned in this post, is independent of the commands you send to the printer.

Upvote 0