Android Question How to use ChatGPT to write code - article

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Search the Forum about ChatGPT and it´s crap it produces.
It will not be a lot of help in writing B4X Code.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do not go by media / blog etc. news. They have to exaggerate all news to make some dough.
ChatGPT does Google (sort of) and give you one of the answer with explanation.
But it need the info of your query on the internet.

B4X resides here, in the Forum. ChatGPT fails miserably here.

Upvote 0

JackKirk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Search the Forum about ChatGPT and it´s crap it produces.
It will not be a lot of help in writing B4X Code.
That's not my (limited) experience - the article discusses its limitations and suggests using it for subroutines etc not whole projects.

Upvote 0

Unobtainius

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've actually found it does basic things very well. Things I would need to google because I can't remember every #@!@ thing.

What every one seems to be saying is "AI will not initially replace your job, but people that can use AI will."
What amazes most is that it understands the question I pose, which can be quite technical and phrased rather badly, and churn out working code.
The code sometimes requires a small tweak here and there, but I wouldn't expect it to be perfect, yet!

Upvote 0

JackKirk

Licensed User
Longtime User
What was your prompt?
Bit fast there - just downloaded it - tap the settings icon on top right - there is a good many languages available but not B4X.

I wonder what it would take for B4X to be included?

Erel?

Upvote 0

Unobtainius

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've never selected a language from any list. I just say write me vb.net, or c#, B4A code that will ........ What ever I need here ..........
I do however use the openAI website directly to interact with ChatGPT as I found some of the app portals problematic.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've never selected a language from any list. I just say write me vb.net, or c#, B4A code that will ........ What ever I need here ..........
I do however use the openAI website directly to interact with ChatGPT as I found some of the app portals problematic.
I too use openAI website directly both on desktop and mobile.
Easier for me to keep track of my queries, as I develop my projects.

Upvote 0