iOS Question HTML/JSOUP parser

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all, i'm currently porting a B4A app to B4i, i am using a library written by a forum member to parse HTML files called jsoup and can be found here, is there an equivalent or any other library in B4i that can parse html downloaded strings.

currently i only need to retrieve the description and names of the soccer coaches on this page https://www.titanssoccerclub.com/coaches/
I'm already able to retrieve the images using the regex class without a problem, i can't figure out how to retrieve the description and the title at each section.

I wondered if there is already a library that can do this easily, or will i have to just try to parse the whole page and scrape the necessary information i need?

Thanks in advance all, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions please feel free to throw it my way.

Regards,
Walter

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Currently there is no similar library in B4i. You will need to use regex for this.

This seems to work:
B4X:
Sub ListPersonnel(lines As List)
   For Each line As String In lines
       Dim m As Matcher = Regex.Matcher($"<div class=\"col sqs-col-9 span-9\">.*<h2>([^<]+)</h2>(.*)</div></div></div></div>"$, line)
       If m.Find Then
           Log(m.Group(1))
           Log(m.Group(2))
       End If
   Next
End Sub

Upvote 0