Android Question I don't understand :)

gpap

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all, great job here. I bought the B4A application to experiment a little and later to develop two applications, that i have in my mind. I am good enough to set up the environment and follow tutorials,i have no mistakes at all following the tutos, but i am missing the logic or the structure if you preffer of the B4A programs. How to write from scratch the code, where to insert the pieces of code. I believe i am missing the "logic" and i can not found such info in this forum. Can you help me, please :)
I would like also to notice that i am an experienced computer user. I am good enought to set up a linux server from scratch or to edit configuration files. I can write some simple php or html but i have never really use VB or programming languages to plan and develop software. My experience is the most coming from web developing. Also i don't need to learn now VB or asp.net e.t.c i need only the basic elements and knowledge to proccess on my Android programs.

Last edited:

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Welcome to Basic4Android.

On top of the screen you will find the DOCUMENTATION link, when you click there, you will see that there are 2 guides in PDF format, I would suggest you download them and read them, those files contain all the information you need to get you started.

Upvote 0

gpap

Licensed User
Longtime User
Welcome to Basic4Android.

On top of the screen you will find the DOCUMENTATION link, when you click there, you will see that there are 2 guides in PDF format, I would suggest you download them and read them, those files contain all the information you need to get you started.

Thank you for fast response, i have already downloaded the pdf's but the beginers guide is not what i am looking for, i don't need too much info about every one command into the IDE i need the logic of the language

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi and welcome..

The best bet is to search this forum, it is rich with so many examples and codes for almost any kind of
project..
If you never learnt VB, then I would suggest to you NOT to do it now either. With the background you have
I would also suggest to you learn-by-doing. that's you take the examples in this forum or in the tutorials
and just run them (AS IS), run them, make sure they are working as expected... while you carefully study the code.

good luck!

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think what the OP is getting at is the program flow of control and user interaction.

If you're able to even abstractly define what you are attempting to achieve then someone might be able to suggest a good starting point for you.

Upvote 0