Icon Editor

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello cableguy
Thank you for the portuguese translation
it has been added with the spanish one in the first post of this thread.
To put the image files into a DAT file needs some more testing, mainly from the loading speed point of view.

Klaus
Switzerland

Last edited:

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Paulo
Here it is, version V1.2 with all the bitmap files merged into one file.
The loading of the program is even a little bit faster than with all 48 separate bitmap files.

The original idea to put these files together came from Oran's thred :
http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1726

This change is more interesting for the user than for the programmer because on all ImageButtons there are no images anymore in the Designer, and it's more difficult to know what is where, but finaly the goal of a program is to make the user's life easier not the programmer's.

Paulo, I had a look at your AboutPanel even some time ago and tried it once again.
I ditn't use it because on my desktop the text in the panel is too small and it appears in the upper left corner of the screen, screen shot joined. On my device, Qtek 9090, your test file, compiled, does not work.

Best regards
Klaus
Switzerland

Attachments

• AboutPanelDeskTop.jpg
    AboutPanelDeskTop.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 271

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have to be honnest with you, I havent thought about that dll, afor a while....and it was somewhat forgotten...
but now there a new and valuable reason to go back into it...
there are two things I wish to Add/Fix:

The desktop Position....I have fixed it in my SpecialForm dll, so shouuldn't be toohard...
The abilityto set the font's size in all the text places....

If there is Some more Wishes, i'll be glad to give them a try...
The code I posted along with the DLL worked, but was designer for B4Ppc v5....

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Another chance of improvement...

Hi Klaus...Here's another suggestion,....
I have a QTEK9000 (MDA-PRO, JASJAR, etc...)Wich IS a VGA device....So your app shows only in the top-left 1/4 of the screen...because it was opti-compliled....
Screen size awereness should be implemented...

About my about panel, i will start the Re-Work on it Sunday, so I should have a running Dll by Sunday night(?) hopefully

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Since you have chosen NOT to receive PM's, I had to post here to ask you to make an "Normal" compile of your iconedit, since in my device, being it a true VGA, the app show in a very small portion of the screen making it very difficult to work....

Thanks

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry for the late reply...Thanks for the "Normal" compile....Althought a bit (a lot) slower than the optimised compilation, it thw only way to get this working in a confortable way...

If I'm allowed, there are still s few things that would make this app even better....

1- It's should spell "Português" and not "Portugês" in the language selection form...
2- Sometimes, when using consecutives "undo's", an error message pops claming an "out of range array exception"...but if we just click continue, it....continues the execution of the program...
3- An Optimized, screen size (VGA or QVGA) aware version of the programm...
4- Please, please,please, share the source code, so that we can learn with you code....

PS:
@ Erel,
In my first post to this tread, I sayed:
"give this man an award", And I did meant it...although out of the time span, he succeeded were all others failed or quited...And WON our first compettion...

To Klaus I give all my respect, and thanks for this really usefull "litle" app...

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Paulo,

1. Sorry for the mistake, it seems that I have a problem with your language, it's the second time I made a mistake.

2. I have tried on my device and on the desktop, but never got the error you mention. So when it happens again on your device, could you please try to remenber the different oprations you made. This would help me to find out what happens. Do other people get this error message ?

3. It would be difficult for me to test a VGA program, I don't have a VGA device. Does there exist a VGA emulator ?

4. Sorry, I don't really understand this point. The source code is and has always been in the zip files as for the other applications I posted in this forum.

The zip file is updated in the original post, and for the non optimized compiled exe file you find it two post ago.

Best regards

mjcoon

Licensed User
Hi Klaus, I've downloaded the source and executable and it runs under the IDE on my PC and compiles. (Though the pop-up says that two DLLs have been copied to the target folder in fact FloodFill.dll wasn't.)

But when I try to run the executables (yours or mine) I get 1st error "An error occurred on sub _app_start. [note initial underbar] Specified argument was ouot of the range of valid values."

If I continue I get a bare-bones panel with a grey background where the tool icons should be on the upper left, and the three white controls where the pixel numbers (I'm guessing; I haven't learnt how to drive the program yet) would be, complete with dashes and slash.

By clicking in the panel I can get a further message showing an error in sub _drawsquare; NullReferenceException.

My PPC runs WM5.0 and is a Pocket Loox. I haven't (yet) tried debug under the IDE on the PPC; is this likely to help?

Regards, Mike.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Mike,
I suspect that you are missing the IconEdit.ini file.

You should also copy the following files to the device.

IconEdit.img
IconEdit.ini

and at least
IconEditE.txt

To test, I have downloaded the zip file from the forum in a new folder, compiled the source code in the IDE and then, copied the exe file, the libraries, and above files in a new folder on the device. On my Qtek 9090 it works.

Best regards.

mjcoon

Licensed User
Hi Mike,
I suspect that you are missing ... file.

... On my Qtek 9090 it works.

Best regards.

Thanks, Klaus, it now works and I expect to have some fun with it on holiday. Did I miss a ReadMe file? :signOops:

Regards, Mike.

peterjwhite

Icon Edit on High Res Devices

Hi Klaus,

I've been searching for exactly this program for years, and it would have been perfect except 2 days ago I upgraded to a HTC Touch HD with 800x480 screen resolution.

As you can see below Icon Edit is hardcoded for 320x240 size screens.

Is there a VGA or HD version of Icon Edit in your development plan? :)

Attachments

• IconEditOnTouchHD.jpg
    IconEditOnTouchHD.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 255

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi peterjwhite,

It was not yet on my scheddule but I will look and work on it.
I can't promise a new version for Christmas, but you will see one quite soon.

Best regards.

Great News