Wish Icon handling/notifying

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

After restructuring my folders a little and starting with an "Objects"-less folder I apparently published my app with the default B4X icon.

Looking at the B4A file I see an IconFile= entry

but even after selecting my icon, compiling and closing B4A this is still not having a value.
(none of my B4A files seem to have that entry filled in.)

So I guess that removing the objects folder for clean up reasons will cause the same issue again.

Can we have a notification in the log when the default icon is being used? (easy to check with the dos FC command)
When running the app over USB you don't always look at the icons when it autostarts so I missed it.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know, I was just reporting that it's clear that the intention to store the icon location exists for several years already but it's not storing it. (bug? forgotten?)

if it could store the icon location relative to the source file as ../gfx/icon/icon72x72whatever.png
then you could always copy it during compilation or notify in the source log window when the iconfile key value is not set or if the source file is not found.

if the icon gets updated in the gfx/icon folder it's updated on next compile aswell in the objects/res folder.