Wish IDE Features - Auto format

Scooter Willis

Licensed User
Longtime User
As a Java developer(Netbeans) my son is learning to program with Basic4Android and he is fairly productive. Basic is a perfect language for him to learn programming techniques and develop an app.

However, I do get called in to help figure out why code isn't working and desperately would like to have a code reformat feature so that sub, if thens loops etc have readable indentation. Since he doesn't understand this yet he doesn't spend any time when writing code. Code he writes will be at the location of the cursor and code he copies and pastes from other apps will be as is.

Possible to do a code reformat feature?

Having the ability to check-in and check-out code in the IDE via github would also be nice.

Thanks again for Basic4Android!!!

Scooter Willis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Was looking for it integrated into the IDE. Will see if I can influence the 10 year old to make better use of tabs if he wants me to help him figure out why his code isn't working!!!!!

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
+1 - I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. Features like adding an "End Sub" when you type a "Sub" statement, "End If", "Next", etc, as well as auto-indentation & other formatting would be great. I have gotten into the habit of writing the "End" whenever I create a new sub, loop or conditional statement before I write the "guts", but having them auto-completed would be great.