IDE going nuts frequently

Put Claude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

My IDE is going into the weeds at start, this happens mostly if I restarted my PC, but also in the middle of the work.
I solved this by having the spare files, that I use to speedy replace the old IDE files, and I can work again... no problem.
I decide to find out wich file I have to replace every time it hangs...
So till now : when I ONLY replace te File 'ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll' in the crashed IDE with a fresh one, I can work again with the old IDE that crashed.

Hope I helped with this remark...
By te way, superbe... V6.01, NEt2 and scaling works SUPER on my stuff, and I have 4 different of them... (PPC: 2003SE, wm5, wm5phone, wm6pro_phone)

Put Claude Belgium

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
when I ONLY replace te File 'ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll' in the crashed IDE with a fresh one, I can work again with the old IDE that crashed.
I could be wrong (it's not unknown :) ) and did wonder whether to post this reply or not but on balance I think that I should.

I wouldn't have thought that this was a bug in B4PPC per se as I think this file is only ever read/executed and not written to. I don't mean to be alarmist but this could be a hard disk/controller problem coming up on you rather than a software problem. Instead of replacing that file next time it happens try renaming the broken one to something else and copy a new version in to the folder. You could also try making it read only - if you still have problems then it is likely the hardware.

Oh, and make sure your backups are up to date just in case.

Put Claude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

Yes, that is right...
The IDE hangs until I replace the ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll by a fresh one.
@ agraham
Made that file readonly, will see what happen...

Put Claude Belgium

Last edited:

Put Claude

Licensed User
Longtime User
No Erel, only if I start the IDE in windows XP, not while I am working with it...I will wait and see... Till now I can repare it very fast, so, no problem at the moment... thanks to both of you for the concern.

Put Claude Belgium

Last edited: