Wish IDE: Make new module templates editable

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
To better structure my code I try to group subs related to each other in each module. (For instance: One group for events (like jobdone), another for ui events (like all _clicks), and a third one for timers, etc. Other people would most likely group in a different way, but this works fine for me.)

It would be very nice to be able to edit the templates used when creating a new module, so the boiler plate comments (or regions, if one uses them) for my groups were available from the start.

(The alternative is to keep a separate text document to copy-paste from, and it disturbs the flow surprisingly much.)

EDIT: A small addition, to clarify about the actual editing. I'd be perfectly happy with a directory somewhere with files like activity.bas.template, that B4A used automatically (and if not available, just use the built-in one). The template files would be just standard bas files that I had to edit using Notepad or whatever. I realize there are special fields in the bas files, but they are not very hard to understand or dodge.

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can create a bare bones template yourself.
Just add a module to an empty project, edit the module to your liking and save the project. A .bas file will be created with the name given to the module.
Then whenever you need that template, instead of using "add new module", you use "add existing module" and navigate to where you saved your template!

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That's actually a somewhat decent workaround. Thanks, I'll give it a try.