Wish IDE Option to Choose between CTRL-MouseClick text selection or Goto Definition

Ed Brown

Licensed User
Longtime User
Up until V5 of B4A I was relatively happy with the IDE. But since the release of V5 the default functionality of the CTRL-MouseClick to select an entire word has been replaced by the 'Goto Definition' which was always accessible via F12 and is still available via F12.

I have had members suggest that I simply use double-click to select the word but this is not the point...and it doesn't always work when you're making a lot of quick changes because double-clicking does work consistently (it depends on a number of factors including the speed of the clicks, the mouse, mouse settings, etc. etc.). Single clicking always works.

I'd like to suggest the option to add IDE options to allow members to select between the 'Goto Definition' or to 'Select the whole word'.

For me, selecting the entire word to quickly copy/paste multiple times is more useful and a lot easier.

I'd also like to say that any further changes to the existing functionality of the IDE should have an option put into the IDE settings that allows members to decide if they want to switch back/to new features.

Please either put it back the way it was or introduce the IDE option.