IDE with designer

AscySoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Today I have many ideas..., so be patient, couse I'me anxious...:)
Maybe somebody allready mentioned this, I don't know, I think it will be extremly useful (and visually too) to integrate, if possible, the designer into main B4A IDE - like Visual Studio or simmilar.
I know this task could be overwhelming, but nevertheless I think it will bring many more users to this RAD(rapid application developement)

magarcan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Today I have many ideas..., so be patient, couse I'me anxious...:)
Maybe somebody allready mentioned this, I don't know, I think it will be extremly useful (and visually too) to integrate, if possible, the designer into main B4A IDE - like Visual Studio or simmilar.
I know this task could be overwhelming, but nevertheless I think it will bring many more users to this RAD(rapid application developement)
I like this. We are a lot of people waiting for this.
:sign0098:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The visual designer cannot be completely embedded in the desktop IDE without losing the WYSIWYG feature. The case here is different than Visual Studio which knows how to draw Windows controls. It is not possible to draw the Android views accurately inside the IDE.

I do however think of adding a desktop module to the designer which will only show the views layouts and will allow you to manage them directly.

AscySoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
I do however think of adding a desktop module to the designer which will only show the views layouts and will allow you to manage them directly.

This will be great :sign0060:... (I'me not gonna ask you when this will be ready), however do you consider that copy/paste between diffrent layouts will then be possible, or using PC keyboard sortcuts(not designer menu) will then work on views(objects) etc?

NeoTechni

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not possible to draw the Android views accurately inside the IDE.

You dont need it to be 100% accurate.
You could either just use windows equivalents, or even a box with the icon for the control in the center.

JesseW

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think its possible to be 100% accurate even between os versions, is it? Controls look different between versions, so its never dead-on between screen sizes and os between 1.6 and 2.3 anyway...