Wish Ignore Option on Generate Members

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there

This should be awesome, please consider...

1644179114049.png

This could be next to B4xView and when selected would add 'ignore on definitions.. currently copying and pasting..

1644179179761.png

To ensure these warnings are eliminated... for the custom components..

1644179254298.png

Thanks in advance..

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I already posted but accidentally posted in B4A section.

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but why do you generate a view without using it?
In BANano when you use 'Generate Members', the IDE does not recognize them as initialized components used in a Layout. The warning is #11: "Variable 'MainHamburgerMenu' was not initialized."
Not sure if it is BANano specific or if it has something to do with the components being Custom Views, or because in BANano you can not use the default B4J LoadLayout, as you need to use the BANanoElement.LoadLayout method.

Alwaysbusy

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ohh, ok i understand.

or because in BANano you can not use the default B4J LoadLayout, as you need to use the BANano.Layout method.

i guess this is the reason. without loading the layout (using the b4x .loadlayout command) b4x will throw the errors.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The only problem I forsee with applying 11 to ignores warning for the initialize errors is affecting maps and lists.

And doing that will cause errors for those kinds of errors as one would not be able to detect those.

If there is a way to bypass that then it makes sense to add such an ignoreWarning.

Still though I don't consider doing it globally a wise decision for this use case.