Wish Scene builder and Generate Members.

Swissmade

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a big application that is still using Scene Builder forms.
Designed them before B4J had a internal Designer.

Now I miss the menu option Generate Members what is make it easy and fast to add the view declaration.

Maybe it is possible to set the option Generate Members back and disable the option to Create a new Scene builder form.

All new forms I design with the Internal Designer.

I hope this is possible.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe it is possible to set the option Generate Members back and disable the option to Create a new Scene builder form.
In B4J 9.8 is no Menuentry to start the Scenebuilder. You only can open the internall Designer.

What do xou mean by "bring back generate members"?
It is available.

If you select multiple objects then you can use the new CreateDialog which has the GenerateMembers in.

Swissmade

Licensed User
Longtime User
What I mean is, that there was a menu to Generate members.
I think it has to be possible to only show generated members from the scene builder Form's and not the Scene builder itself.
But if it is not possible then that is also no problem.

bdunkleysmith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes @Swissmade I also have some legacy projects with forms created in Scenebuilder to which I do small updates from time to time and I agree restoring the Generate members function would be appreciated.

max123

Licensed User
Longtime User
Personally is not clear to me because the very good JavaFX Scene Builder was removed, I prefer it that internal designer.

Now I downloaded JavaFX Scene Builder 2.0 that is really cool, I've created a Layout.fxml template to put on new projects, by clicking on it the SceneBuilder show and I can edit, but is not clear to me how generate members for created controls other way that write one by one.
If you select multiple objects then you can use the new CreateDialog which has the GenerateMembers in.
How it works? Where select multiple objects? Where is CreateDialog and GenerateMembers dialog please ?

Please @Erel if possible, leave it up to users to decide which of two use, restoring if possible to how it was before.

Last edited: