"Ignoring Event" showing in LogCat

LisaM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Anyone no why when I call a sub from another activity it is being ignored?
I searched this error and saw a post saying you needed to call the sub from Activity Resume not Activity Create but I do have it in Activity Resume.

Here is my code from my "Settings" Activity

B4X:
Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)
   Activity.LoadLayout("ScrollView")
   ScrollView1.Height = 100%y
   ScrollView1.Width = 100%x
   ScrollView1.Panel.Width = ScrollView1.Width
   ScrollView1.Panel.LoadLayout("laySettings")
End Sub

Sub Activity_Resume
   CallSub(Main, "SelectdbD")
   db.SelectWorkArea(2)
   db.FirstRecord
   CallSub(Main, "GetFields_2")
   lblCDateDis.Text = cd
   If CDeluxe = "True" Then
      tbDeluxe.Checked = True
   End If
End Sub

both CallSubs are being Ignored.

2) along the same line I am using logcat to view errors messages etc. Is there a way for getting more information. I am very much a noob and i am coming from App Inventor where you could "watch" each individual event which made it much easier to find where the problem is. I am finding I have Subs set up and they are just not firing or are missing something but they are not throwing up an error so i am :BangHead: trying to figure out why if there was a way to watch each event that would be fantastic.

I have attached an image from app inventor so people can see what i am talking about :)

Thanks

Edit: I found a work around although i still think it strange i cannot call a sub from another activity. I removed the code from Resume and placed it in Create.
I also had to copy the subs i was trying to call from Main Activity and paste them into my Settings Activity now it all works. I was hoping i didnt have to double up code to avoid slowing the app down but it seems to work ok.

Last edited: