Image gets lost with orientation change

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

I create a form on the desk top in landscape orientation; before running the program (A) on the device I set, manually, the screen orientation to landscape. I show an image by some click. It works fine.

Now I change the orientation either manually or I start in addition another program which also changes the orientation. Returning to program A the image ist lost and also cannot be shown again.

It sounds complicated, therefore I have attached a small program to illustrate the problem.

Can you explain these strange things and do you see a solution?

Harry

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

As you can see in the test program I sent with the post, there is a FormLib object and the screen orientation change event is caught.

Harry

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Im not an expert in this isue, if any, but in the resize event you should test the witdh and height of the form and re-position it in the form.
The resize event alone doe not change the form item position, it only allows you to execute code on the resize event...

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
Paulo,

In the test program I just have one small image positioned in the middel of the screen. Whatever the orientation is, it should be visible without repositioning.

I worked with and without the resize event. Using the resize event I refreshed the destination rectangel.

But even loading the image again does't show the image.

Harry

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Use of the DrawImage method does not improve the situation. I have attached a somewhat more elaborated test program. Running it you will see the problem. The image cannot be made visible again by (re)drawing it in the resize event nor on a second click on the form. Worst is that I don't see a work around.

Harry

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are right there is an issue when you combine a Drawer object and the resize event.
When the resize event fires a new bitmap is created for the form.
The solution is to recreate the drawer object again:
B4X:
Sub Globals

End Sub

Sub App_Start
    Form1.Show
    flb1.New1("Form1",B4PObject(1))
    bm1.New1(Apppath & "\Dummy2.bmp")
    drawer1.New1("Form1",false)
    rectsrc.New1(0,0,320,240)    
    rectdes.New1(100,125,80,60)
    flb1.FullScreen(false) 'this will remove the menu bar and raise the resize event (the screen size changes).
End Sub

Sub flb1_resize
    if Form1.Width > Form1.Height then
        msgbox("Landscape")
    else
        msgbox("Portrait")
    end if
    drawer1.New1("form1",false)
    drawer1.DrawImage1(bm1.Value,rectsrc.Value,rectdes.Value,true)
    drawer1.Refresh2(rectdes.Value)
End Sub    

Sub Form1_MouseUp (x,y)
    msgbox ("Form clicked")
    drawer1.DrawImage1(bm1.Value,rectsrc.Value,rectdes.Value,true)
    drawer1.Refresh2(rectdes.Value)
End Sub