Images used by application locked until IDE restarted

Mistrel

If I use an image n.png in my program and run it from the IDE the image becomes locked until the IDE is restarted. For example, if I have the image loaded in Photoshop I can't edit and resave the image until I started the IDE.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

This problem still remains.

Filippo is actually experiencing it with his fgAktien program in the German forum.
I compiled Filippos program on the desktop and the same problem remains.
Once the image file has been accessed it is blocked.

I encounter regulary the same kind of problems when trying to update image files for buttons. I always need to close the IDE, update the files and run the IDE again.

I remembered having seen once a thread, and found this one.

Could this be fixed ?

Thank's in advance and best regards.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I encounter regulary the same kind of problems when trying to update image files for buttons. I always need to close the IDE, update the files and run the IDE again.

This reminds me of the 6hours I spendt trying to just create a "good looking" text button to my current app....

HomeWorx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
Just found a temporary fix yesterday...
1 - load the picture file in your favourite editor
2 - remove the picture in the Designer (you have to clear the "Image" field of your Image control, or delete the picture's name from an ImageList)
3 - run your app in B4ppc
4 - exit your app

You can now save the picture file without having to re-run B4ppc
Note that steps 1 and 2 can be swapped.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Too much work when we can just exit b4ppc, do the work in our image, and then re-load our app in b4ppc...
Your aproach may cause some delays as one tends to froget that the image reference is missing...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…