Android Question IME works in Debug, not in Release

RMarra

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to have the keyboard pop up automatically on a textbox. Here is my code:

Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)
Activity.LoadLayout("Calculator")
Units.Text = ""
If Glucose.RequestFocus Then
Dim Keybd As IME
Keybd.Initialize("IME")
Keybd.ShowKeyboard(Glucose)​
End If
End Sub

This works perfectly in Debug mode but the keyboard does not appear in Release mode.

RMarra

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think I just need to change my approach. What I'm trying to accomplish is making a required field. If the user presses "DONE" without keying a number, the view does not lose focus, but the keyboard closes. That's why I'm trying to force the keyboard to reappear. This is probably easy to do, but I'm not seeing it.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This thread is a good example of how not to ask a question...

. If the user presses "DONE" without keying a number, the view does not lose focus, but the keyboard closes.
There is a way to do it however you should start a new thread and post the problem you are trying to solve in the first post.

Upvote 0

RMarra

Licensed User
Longtime User
My apology. In my mind, this is all the same question. Apparently I don't understand the protocol for asking questions. In the future, I'll just try to figure things out on my own until I get frustrated and give up on B4A.

Upvote 0

RMarra

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sorry. You are right. I actually found another post about IME.AddHandleActionEvent and it is working nicely, in both debug and release.

Upvote 0