Android Question In-App Purchase setup

MitchBu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to setup in-app purchase for my app Check Printer+, using the library here:

The idea is to have a free app, Check Printer Free with some limitations, containing the in app purchase for Check Printer+, the full feature app.

I copied all relevant code from the example Starter module, as well as in the Manifest editor, into Check Printer Free.

Now, following the instructions at https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/1153481 I am trying to create a Managed Product with Check Printer+, so I can setup an in-app purchase within Check Printer Free.

When I try to do so, I get :
---
Your app doesn't have any in-app products yet.

To add in-app products, you need to add the BILLING permission to your APK.
Upload a new APK
---

managed_product.png

How do I add the Billing Permission to Check Printer+, so I can make it a managed product ?

TIA

MitchBu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, Erel, I don't see what you posted.

I have added #BridgeLogger: True to the billing example project, but the permissions don't show.

I tried to add the GooglePlayBilling library to my Check Printer+ project, plus a billingclient object, and I initialize it, but yet, no added permissions...

Upvote 0

MitchBu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Little by little, I am hopefully getting closer to succeeding into implementing in-app purchase.

After reading carefully Google's documentation, I created a managed product at https://play.google.com/apps/publis...jardet.checkprinter&appid=4975675971907266849

This time, the Google UI did not complain there was no com.android.vending.BILLING in the app. I was able to create the managed app, to set the price. Everything seems OK.

Yet, in spite of making sure to put the proper app ID in ADS_SDK_ID and the proper key in BILLING_KEY, SkuDetails.size = 0 and I get the error:

ErrorStartingBillingProcess.jpg

I suspect it must be something simple, but I don't seem to spot the issue.

There must be other B4A users who have successfully implemented in-app purchase with this library.

Any hint will be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I migrated the old lib to the new lib in my app. It worked fine. I think you need to put a beta version with the purchase option in the Play Store to "activate" this.

Upvote 0