iOS Question In-app purchases, best practice

Dennis Glowack

Licensed User
When creating an app with ads and the option to convert to an app with no ads, does it require an upgrade to a different build of the same app or merely changing settings in the same app?
1) If just changing settings, there is no other app id to reference for the purchase (other than the existing one, which contains ads).
2) If it's a different build, the new app will not contain the same database as the old, and the user will need to import records from the old. Seems a bit cumbersome unless I can somehow transfer the data from the ads app to the non-ads app.

Is there a standard way to address this?

Thanks

Dennis Glowack

Licensed User
I found further information. It seems that modifying settings to turn off ads is the solution; therefore, 1 app. However, what do I sell in the app Store? I need a product Id. I don't see any option to create such an id as to accomplish this.

Upvote 0

Dennis Glowack

Licensed User
Thanks; but that was my first stop. My question is what "product" do I create in the Apple Store? Is it the SAME product ID as the app that contains the ads? Logically, it can't be so, since the ad filled app is free in the store. Removing the ads is not a problem in the free app. What product do I select in the app store to create for purchasing (the Ad-Free version)? From what I've gathered, it is NOT another AD_FREE app. This is a non-consumable product. In the app Store, from what I can see it means adding ANOTHER app (ad free). I see no "upgrade option" in the store, so to speak.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

I also have an app with advertising.
To remove the advertisements I use the option "In-App-Purchses" with "non-consumable product".
So that the user can also install the app on a second device, I create a GUID license code with the purchase date and save it in a database so that I can check next time whether the user has paid for it.

Upvote 0

Dennis Glowack

Licensed User
I've followed all the instructions to the best of my understanding. I'm stuck with this error.
I've created sandbox account; have app set up in store; added test in-app purchases. I'm logged into my device as sandbox user (I have not visited store).
I'm using the sample code without modification other than the ID (which seems to be the issue)

What am I doing wrong?

This is my error:
Application_Start
Application_Active
Product not found: 1523552954
Purchase completed
Success = false
Error occurred on line: 66 (About)
Object was not initialized (SKPaymentTransaction)
Stack Trace: (
CoreFoundation <redacted> + 252
libobjc.A.dylib objc_exception_throw + 56
CoreFoundation <redacted> + 0
iDeliverPro -[B4IObjectWrapper object] + 136
iDeliverPro -[B4IPurchase Error] + 68
iDeliverPro -[b4i_about _mystore_purchasecompleted::] + 1756
CoreFoundation <redacted> + 144
CoreFoundation <redacted> + 292
iDeliverPro +[B4I runDynamicMethod:method:throwErrorIfMissing:args:] + 1608
iDeliverPro -[B4IShell runMethod:] + 448
iDeliverPro -[B4IShell raiseEventImpl:method:args::] + 1648