InAppBilling library - CONFIRM_NOTIFICATIONS

DevBaby

Licensed User
Longtime User
For Inapp Billing on Google Play, Google's doc mentions that Google will send an IN_APP_NOTIFY message to my app, my app (in return) will send a CONFIRM_NOTIFICATIONS back to Google to acknowledge the receipt the IN_APP_NOTIFY messages from Google.

I do not see a way of sending this confirmation to Google in the AppBilling library. Google states that it will continue to send these App_Notify messages until it receives the CONFIRM_NOTIFICATIONS from my app.

If I do not send a CONFIRM_NOTIFICATIONS, it seems as if these IN_APP_NOTIFY messages will continue and may interfere with subsequent purchase attempts of the same product from the user, particularly if the IN_APP_NOTIFY is for a confirmed payment.

Does this seem like a potential problem?

DevBaby

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok...sounds good...thanks.

In testing, I see the Google Store screen appear with the correct purchase item etc. When i hit the backspace, I assume that Google sends a cancel notification. However, I try to catch this event and show a msgbox, but my app does nothing.

I implemented the Manager_PurchaseStateChange event and look to show the msgbox
if PurchaseState <> Manager.PURCHASE_STATE_PURCHASED.

I am basically trying to confirm that my app recives a notification, and that I can capture the OrderID etc. I am trying to confirm this with 'cancel' event before I "actually" pay for the item.

Upvote 0