[Inconsistancy] in Files Tab

Roger Garstang

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A saves files in lowercase and we access them in lowercase, but it names them in mixed case in the tab. I often use this tab as reference for image file names and it gets confusing. I edited my B4A file by hand to make them show lowercase, but would be nice to not have to do it each time.

There is also a somewhat related minor issue in application icons where when selecting an icon of a different extension it isn't deleting the old out of that folder- http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4android-updates-questions/18118-how-do-i-fix.html

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have this issue too...
My "Original" files are usually mixed-cased, and the files TAB do keep the "original" names, ut B4A saves them all in lowercase in the "Assets"...
I use the TAB as a reference for the files names, so it would be nice if it shows the REAL file names..

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If the Files tab shows mixed case filenames for files you have added then try this:

Click Add Files and browse to your project's Files folder.
Re-select files that have already been added but have mixed case filenames in the Files tab.

The files should now be added with all lower case filenames, the previous mixed case entry replaced with an all lower case entry.

Martin.