Wish Increase number of recently opened projects/files

Acuario

Licensed User
Longtime User
I work on lots of different projects and it would be good to be able to increase the number of recent files (from files menu) from the current 7 as often my files drop off the end..

Acuario

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it configurable then? My list has 7 entries and I can't find anywhere to configure it.

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
the path to .ini file ... C:\Users\xxxxmj\AppData\Roaming\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\b4xV5.ini

There is an entry for NumberOfRecentFiles=12 ... But unsure of result if increased. As @Erel states above ...'The Max size of this list is 12'.

@Erel ... I also have only 7 Recent Files / Projects listed in IDE > File menu . But have 12 listed in .ini file ?

RecentFile12=C:\Users\xxxxmj\Downloads\Guess My Number\B4A\Guess My Number.b4a

(not that it is an issue thought here ... I operate using desktop shortcuts to often opened projects... )

Last edited:

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
Check that all the files actually exist.

That was probably the case .. just started up a few projects and the IDE now displays 12 Recents.

I think I jumped as previously it showed only 7 ... same number as @Acuario reported... so thought something might be suss.

Acuario

Licensed User
Longtime User
My ini file was set to 11 and 11 files were listed (and exist).
I set it to 12, restarted the IDE but only 7 show in the list.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Check that all the files actually exist. I think that the IDE has a 'feature' that retains the last twelve files opened, checks that they exist before displaying them but doesn't remove the unavailable ones from the list when the IDE is closed. Erel?
When the IDE opens it does remove non-existent files.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When the IDE opens it does remove non-existent files.
It removes them for display but still seems to re-save them in b4xV5.ini, although this is probably is of no practical consequence. But (possibly only to my pedantic little obsessive mind) it does seem a bit 'untidy' to save a non-existent path in the ini file.