Index was out of range error in version 5

HARRY

Active Member
Licensed User
Erel,

My programm used to work on version 4. I found it slow, may be because of SQLite, so I tried version 5.

Now I get an "Index was out of range error" on the call of a sub named Show1. If I make comment of this call then message is given on the next line Show2.
This error occurs in a sub "Table1_SelectionChanged (ColName, Row)".


At the start of the test I have struggled somewhat with suddenly missing ')' 's and inserted extra '.' 's.

Any idea?

Harry
 

HARRY

Active Member
Licensed User
Erel,

Some code:

Sub Show1
bmpsrc1.Dispose
AddObject("bmpsrc1","Bitmap")
bmpsrc1.New1(PhotoPath & Photo1)
drawer1.DrawImage1(bmpsrc1.Value,rectsrc1.Value,rectdes1.Value,true)
drawer1.Refresh2(rectdes1.Value)
End sub

Sub Show2
bmpsrc2.Dispose
AddObject("bmpsrc2","Bitmap")
bmpsrc2.New1(PhotoPath & Photo2)
drawer2.DrawImage1(bmpsrc2.Value,rectsrc2.Value,rectdes2.Value,true)
drawer2.Refresh2(rectdes2.Value)
End sub

Sub Table1_SelectionChanged (ColName, Row)
If ShowMode=true then
Photo1=Table1.Cell("Photo1",Row)& ".bmp"
Photo2=Table1.Cell("Photo2",Row)& ".bmp"
Photo3=Table1.Cell("Photo3",Row)& ".bmp"
If Photo1 = ".bmp" Then
Photo1=dummy
end if

If Photo2 = ".bmp" Then
Photo2=dummy
end if

If Photo3 = ".bmp" Then
Photo3=dummy
end if
Show1
Show2
Show3
else
If Ignore=false then
TextBox1.Text= Table1.Cell("Photo1",Row)
TextBox2.Text= Table1.Cell("Photo2",Row)
TextBox3.Text= Table1.Cell("Photo3",Row)
end if
ResetColors
PhotoSeq=0
end if

The underlined line causes the problem.

Photo1, Photo2 and Photo3 are declared globals.

If you need I can also send you the complete application with the data base and some other stuff.

Harry
 

HARRY

Active Member
Licensed User
Erel,

Attached the application, the data base and a few images.

Create a map named POI_PHOTOS in the path indicated in the program; put the two Aimée Porcher images and the dummy2 image in that map.

Start the program and click on the name Aimee Porcher in the campings table. Then the error should occur.

Harry
 

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
I highly recommend you to use the Check unassigned variables option.
When I've tried to compile your code it showed an error that Show1 is an unused variable.
For some reason it didn't recognize it as a Sub.
After a deeper inspection I've found out that there was a strange character (instead of space) in the declaration of Show1 / 2 / 3.
Just change this character to space (between the Sub to Show1/2/3) and it should work properly.
 

HARRY

Active Member
Licensed User
Erel,

Thanks again for your help. Three backspaces and spaces on the keyboard were enough to solve the problem. In fact, I have done it too fast. I had better investigate myself those strange characters; may be that I could have found the origin.

What surprises me is that those strange characters are not printed. In a VB program I wrote myself unprintable characters are 'printed' as black squares.
I do not know whether that is a function of VB or of Windows.

If they were printed, I could possibly have solved the problem without bothering you.

Anyhow, thanks.


Harry
 
Top