Android Question Industrial panel with Android and serial port

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
I can use a Jserial library (B4j) with B4A?
I have a Industrial Touch PAnel with Android 4.1 and pure rs232 port.
And if not what can I use?
Thanks

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

jazzzzzzz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
I can use a Jserial library (B4j) with B4A?
I have a Industrial Touch PAnel with Android 4.1 and pure rs232 port.
And if not what can I use?
Thanks
May i know which one do you have.? Am also in search for a industrial touch panel with android

Upvote 0

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe the serial port is mapped to a virtual file. In that case you can work with the file with the standard File methods.

OK, work and i have linked the usual file operations with asyncstream lib (only in input) to trigger the event automatically.

Upvote 0

Mihai Rainer Jr.

Licensed User
OK, work and i have linked the usual file operations with asyncstream lib (only in input) to trigger the event automatically.

I'm in the same situation, with a tablet equipped with 2 native RS232 interfaces. Can you give me some hints on reading/writing to this serial ports?

Upvote 0

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have used these panelpc for a short time, now for several years I have been using panelpc with linux and development with B4J
See Jserial lib. and asyncStreamText

Upvote 0

Mihai Rainer Jr.

Licensed User
I have used these panelpc for a short time, now for several years I have been using panelpc with linux and development with B4J
See Jserial lib. and asyncStreamText
Thank you, I'm forced to use some Android industrial tablet, but, luckily, it has 2 x USB host interfaces and I found that felUsbSerial library is working fine with our hardware controllers equipped with CH340g so, we will connect over USB, with no problem.

Upvote 0