Android Question inmobi mediation question

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

My app is currently on google play store. If I update my app and include inmobi sdks and activate mediation from the admob panel , what happens if inmobi ad is requested by an old version of the app that is not updated by the user yet ? Can the app crash or admob will just use its own ad ?

Can you please clearify this for me ?

Thanks

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't believe it will pull inMobi ads as it didn't find the mediation adapter in your old app.

I didn't get good results with inMobi and their support is horrible (they don't care to answer most of the time)
but it's the only mediation available for the B4A/B4i combo.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will try to use unityads as i hear positive things about them however I can't find the adapter's jar file. Erel's example about inmobi shows that both the adapter and the sdk are jar files but in most of the networks ( I tried adcolony and unity ads , both have the sdk as jar but the adapter is aar file which only includes classes.jar inside it but i dont think they are the correct jar files ) . If someone can clear me about it , I will try to use them.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know but I mentioned the B4A/B4i combo. For that (B4i) we need to rely on you (remote builder)

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I searched the internet for about 2 days and people say that we can use the classes.jar inside the aar with renaming to anything as the adapter jar file. I willl try this way

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried this. Adcolony sdk says that adapter is built in sdk. When i tried to add both the adapter and sdk to my project i got already added error for every entry in adapter. So i tought that only adding the sdk would be enough. But no impressions for the last 24 hours. I did stg wrong but i dont know why

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can reference the aar file directly with #AdditionalJar.
Adding bith aar and the sdk gives already added error. I opened the aar's jar with 7zip and all the files in the adapter is already in the sdk. So adding only sdk must be enough normally. But no requests coming to adcolony account and next to app it says sdk not implemented.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
after 3 days, I saw the first requests on my adcolony account. In case of Adcolony, only adding the sdk is enough. It is also very easy to use mediation with only referencing the adapters and sdks.

Upvote 0