Android Question Inquiry about uploading a free application for a limited time on Google Play Or assign it to a certain number of operations and then close the applica

alfaiz678

Licensed User
I am wondering about uploading a free application on Google Play, but make it for a limited trial period and then the application will be closed
A message comes to those who want to buy with two options
1- Buy the full version from the store
2 - Communicate with the programmer and take the activation code for the copy with him

The question is, is the second method a violation of Google's policy?
And if any of you has another path, let him guide us

The goal of the second option is that the person who wants the application in my country transfers the money to a bank for convenience, not through Google

thank you

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don´t think this i allowed by Google. That´s why GooglePlayBilling is made.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the person who wants the application in my country transfers the money to a bank for convenience, not through Google
This would obviously undermine the whole payment and shopping system Google has in place. You should assume it's not allowed and would quickly get you reprimanded, possibly banned.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The goal of the second option is that the person who wants the application in my country transfers the money to a bank for convenience, not through Google
Google does not allow it as per rule, as it can not earn from it. Google earns by deducting certain percentage from the amount paid at the site as purchase or subscription of the app.

Just make your app with ads. Google will earn from it and give peanuts to you. But rest assured your app will be on the store. Google has removed many free only apps on flimsy ground (as I read in this Forum), and there are senseless same type apps/games with ads in the store, so Google insist it earns from every app.

You can add some code in you app, and inform user to contact you for the code to get some additional features. When they contact, you can give option of your bank transfer.

Upvote 0

alfaiz678

Licensed User
You can add some code in you app, and inform user to contact you for the code to get some additional features. When they contact, you can give option of your bank transfer.
Google Play is distinguished in canceling accounts and applications
I am afraid that the robot of Google will discover that

And it turns out that your words are in agreement with the way I want to use it, which I mentioned to you in the question.

Upvote 0

alfaiz678

Licensed User
I meant "promo codes" or something like that, which you will give to user on payment.

I have thought about it, but the conditions of Google are strong
It is also limited

You can generate up to 500 promo codes on all non-subscription promotions each quarter.

Thank you, I provided them with a lot of good solutions
I think there are other solutions

or something like that
Is there another example?

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
This solution looks good
I can guarantee that if you do this your app will be suspended from Play Store. It might not happen immediately, but at some point they will notice & you'll get pinged for violating the payments policy. If you're lucky, you'll get a strike against your developer account. If you're unlucky, your developer agreement will be terminated.

The only time you can get away with not using the Google Play billing system is if you're selling physical goods or services, or taking payment for a credit card or utility bill. If you have a question regarding Google Play policies, the best thing is to read the actual policy. If you ask the question on a forum, you'll get a bunch of different answers, most of which will be wrong.

Google Play Payments Policy

- Colin.

Upvote 0

alfaiz678

Licensed User
I can guarantee that if you do this your app will be suspended from Play Store. It might not happen immediately, but at some point they will notice & you'll get pinged for violating the payments policy. If you're lucky, you'll get a strike against your developer account. If you're unlucky, your developer agreement will be terminated.

The only time you can get away with not using the Google Play billing system is if you're selling physical goods or services, or taking payment for a credit card or utility bill. If you have a question regarding Google Play policies, the best thing is to read the actual policy. If you ask the question on a forum, you'll get a bunch of different answers, most of which will be wrong.

Google Play Payments Policy

- Colin.
you are right
Thank you
I have read the link I referred to now
So what is the solution to that
How do I deal with those who want to use the application in my country and do not have an electronic payment method?

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
you are right
Thank you
I have read the link I referred to now
So what is the solution to that
How do I deal with those who want to use the application in my country and do not have an electronic payment method?
Google Play gift cards? I don't know what country you're from, but I'd have thought if a person has a device & access to Google Play then they'd most likely have a payment method set up already. But, methods available vary by country so maybe not. I can't remember, but I thought you had to have a payment method set up in order to download apps from Google Play - even if they're free apps?

- Colin.

Upvote 0

alfaiz678

Licensed User
Google Play gift cards? I don't know what country you're from, but I'd have thought if a person has a device & access to Google Play then they'd most likely have a payment method set up already. But, methods available vary by country so maybe not. I can't remember, but I thought you had to have a payment method set up in order to download apps from Google Play - even if they're free apps?

- Colin.
You don't have to have a prepared payment method.
Google Play requests a payment card if you buy from the store.
In our country, the reliance on paper currency for buying and selling
More than electronic payment
So I'm looking for a manual payment or bank transfer.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
You don't have to have a prepared payment method.
Google Play requests a payment card if you buy from the store.
In our country, the reliance on paper currency for buying and selling
More than electronic payment
So I'm looking for a manual payment or bank transfer.
Tbh - unless you're confident the app is something people will feel compelled to pay for, you're better off putting ads in it instead. Android users are notoriously unwilling to pay for apps. I haven't seen the most recent stats, but a couple of years ago it was something like 35% of Android users were willing to pay a subscription, app purchase, or in-app purchase vs 65% of iOS users. I find with my apps that have both ads & in-app purchases to stop ads, I make far more money from ads than from people paying to stop them. Even my apps with subscriptions have way more users accepting less features/functionality than those willing to pay for a subscription. Of course ad revenue will vary a lot depending on where the majority of your users are too.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

alfaiz678

Licensed User
Tbh - unless you're confident the app is something people will feel compelled to pay for, you're better off putting ads in it instead. Android users are notoriously unwilling to pay for apps. I haven't seen the most recent stats, but a couple of years ago it was something like 35% of Android users were willing to pay a subscription, app purchase, or in-app purchase vs 65% of iOS users. I find with my apps that have both ads & in-app purchases to stop ads, I make far more money from ads than from people paying to stop them. Even my apps with subscriptions have way more users accepting less features/functionality than those willing to pay for a subscription. Of course ad revenue will vary a lot depending on where the majority of your users are too.

- Colin.
Thanks for your cooperation

Upvote 0

Hamied Abou Hulaikah

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can guarantee that if you do this your app will be suspended from Play Store
No, I have a similar case the app is several years old with what I suggest exist in google play up to now with out no problem.
As question explains itself, in some countries no way for cc payment or not popular, so google accept this approach "off-app payment" for these countries, in other countries popular with cc payment google will do some intention for the app.

Upvote 0