Android Question Instant audio playback

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a way of using a AudioStreamer, or other object, to record sound from the miicrophone and at the same time playing the same sound out throught the speaker. It records alright, but nothing but noise comes out through the speakers at the same time.

I have tried many combinations of startrecording and startplaying, but not been able to do anything else than store it in a file and then play the file afterwards.
I need to latch on to the recorded stream and then play that in a constant flow.
Even the walkie-talkie example will only either record or play, and not both at the same time.

Planning to ultimately mix the current microphone sound with some recorded sound and play them both simultanously through to the speakers. (Using the headphone plug for microphone and speaker connection)

Am aware that it can cause feedback issues, but plan to control that with distance and volume.

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tried buffer.add and asynctream.write in the audiostreamer_RecordBuffer sub, but neither created a reaction in their respective _NewData sub.
Also tried many combinations of audiostreamers including separate ones for recording and playing. I assume MediaPlayer can only play already recorded files?

Can you have 2 asyncstreams in the same app that attach onto the same ports? Like having the sending and receiving walkie-talkie in the same app.

Feedback is not always unwanted when you try to manipulate sound. Besides with a magnetic vibration receiver it don't latch onto the soundwave itself.

Upvote 0