Android Question Internet over wifi direct(p2p)

walmo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
Can anyone please help with this....
I need to get internet over wifi direct.
Do i do it with port forwarding ? (wlan0 to p2p. tried it but need root)
Do i do it with a proxy server ?
The apps i see on playstore uses a proxy server .(with no root)

Thanks

Albert Kallal

Licensed User
Do you mean for example that a laptop has a hard wired internet connection, and now you want to use wi-fi? If yes, then you can do this 100% from windows and in effect turn your laptop into a wi-fi hub. The "short version" is that few realize if you launch the network adaptors, and ctrl-click to highlight both the hard wired NIC and the wi-fi NIC, then right click and choose "bridge". Windows will like magic then bridge the two adaptors for you, and the wi-fi is now essentially a internet hub for for you.

And you can do the reverse. I had wi-fi in a room with my x-box. But I did not have a wi-fi adaptor for x-box. So again, I would simply ctrl-click on the two adaptors on the laptop and choose "bridge". At that point I could take a hard wired cable from my laptop to the x-box and it then had internet. So windows has the ability to "tie" together two nic cards on one computer. And as above shows you can go both ways.

So:
Hard wired internet on your laptop can be shared as wi-fi - will use both hard wire nic + wi-fi.

Or:
You can turn wi-fi into a hard wired internet plug - the above process works both ways. So in the case that you have some device (say a TV, or printer or somthing that requires a hard-wired internet plug? You can as a temp quick setup use your laptop to create that hard wired NIC plug if the laptop has wi-fi.

This is ALSO a way to get a hard wired internet plug from your phone. You turn on wi-fi hot spot for your phone. Then with your laptop bridge the wi-fi to the hard wired NIC plug. Now that plug is a active hard wired plug with an active internet connection of then you can plug in any hard wired device that just so happens to need some internet connection (such as your x-box, your TV, or if you have a decent speed internet plan? You plug your laptop into the "input" internet side of your router! So, now your phone data plan is driving your router! A great emergency way to get internet up and running from your phone!

So, windows has this ability built in- it means you don't need any software on the android side of things. In effect, when you "bridge" two adaptors on your say laptop, you are creating a wi-fi hot spot just like we often do with our phones (use data plan to create a wi-fit hot spot. Once again, when you create a data plan hot-spot (wi-fi) with your phone, all it is doing is that "bridge" two adaptors trick.

So, while displaying the internet adapters on your windows computer, you can ctrl-click two adaptors (Highlight at same time - and then right click and choose bridge.

Regards,
Albert D. Kallal
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Upvote 0

walmo

Licensed User
Longtime User
If i use the proxy server app on playstore it works correct, but i cant ask user to down load another app before using mine, need it all in one.

Upvote 0