Android Question Invalid resource directory name

Embouk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone hoping for a little bit of help on a newbie problem.

I'm trying to follow the Physical Activity Recognition Detection and have the following problem

I've downloaded google play services.

I copied the google-play-services.jar to my additional libraries folder

added #AdditionalRes: C:\Android\androidsdk\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res, com.google.android.gms to the project attributes

but i get this error

Generating R file. Error
invalid resource directory name: C:\Android\androidsdk\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res/google-play-services.jar
invalid resource directory name: C:\Android\androidsdk\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res/google-play-services.jar.properties

I've looked on the forum and can't seem to find an answer.

any help would be amazing

thanks in advance

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
"/google-play-services.jar" seems to be added to your path. But the / is wrong here. It should be a \

Let´s wait for an answer from @Erel His wisdom is endless :)

Upvote 0

Embouk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi DomManfred

The \ is the right way round in my additional res but when the error comes up it switches to a /.

Thanks for the reply tho

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The folder in additionalres shouldn´t end with a \
But in your first post you posted

added #AdditionalRes: C:\Android\androidsdk\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res, com.google.android.gms

I´mirritated. Where comes the \ you told about from?

Upvote 0

Embouk

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sorry if I confused you. I'm a newbie and trying my best. I'm trying to copy the Physical Activity Recognition tutorial. I seem to be stuck on the google play part. I've downloaded all the relevant libraries etc. Google-play-services.jar is in my additional libraries folder and in
C:\Android\androidsdk\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res\ folder.

Just looking for some help.

Once again I'm sorry for confusing people.

Upvote 0