iOS Question iOS dev from Android dev?

App Dude

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've created an app with B4A, and now porting to B4i f/iOS.
Is there a guide/doc that explains how to create a cross-platform application? Specifically things like how/where to locate files among the B4A, B4I and "Shared Files" directory.
Can I actually share a single file between both applications, so I can change code in one and it would work for both?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

App Dude

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using B4Xpages, but I'm wondering how to share files. Where do I put the common code files... in the Shared Files folder? Then how do I link them.

And is there any doc that explains system-level differences, such as how to access the GPS on iOS, how to keep the screen alive, and how permissions are done on iOS?

Upvote 0

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
And is there any doc that explains system-level differences, such as how to access the GPS on iOS, how to keep the screen alive, and how permissions are done on iOS?
Yes, by entering your term in the top right of the search and either looking for "B4X" in the title, or filtering the search to B4I.

Upvote 0

App Dude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Of course -- I can find each individually and learn both from scratch. I'm asking about a doc that compares *differences*. I can't find anything comparing differences, which would be helpful.

Upvote 0