iOS Question iOS Questions (WKWebView & Maximum number of certificates)

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey everyone,

I 'd just like to ask 2 questions:

1) I started developing a B4i application in B4i v5.51. I used a web view. Is it a UIWebView or a WKWebView? Do I have to change it? How is it possible to understand the type of WebView?

2) I thought I had understood but Apple has caught me by surprise. I 've got a message from Apple which said that an iOS distribution certificate will end in 30 days. I have already created 3 certificates as I was under the impression that you need one for the development and one certificate for each application distribution in appstore. Apparently this is not the case as it does not let me create more than 3 certificates. What is an iOS Distribution (Appstore and AdHoc) certificate used for? Can it be used both for development and appstore distribution so I need only one a year? If this is the case then I need a seperate appstore provisioning profile for each app?

Thanks in advance

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. It is UIWebView. You must change it and you must upgrade to B4i v6.50+. Once you upgrade it will be changed automatically.
How is it possible to understand the type of WebView?
B4X:
Log(GetType(WebView1))

2. You only need one single certificate. It should be a distribution certificate. You can use it during development and to submit to the store.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
1. It is UIWebView. You must change it and you must upgrade to B4i v6.50+. Once you upgrade it will be changed automatically...

Hi, thanks for answering. I already have upgraded. I am not sure I understood the automatically part. Does this mean that I just open the project, compile and I am good to go?

Upvote 0