iOS Question Ip Address

daniedb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Guys

What do I miss. I've installed B4i, did my developers account, and set the Hosted builder options and enter my User ID.

Do I need any Iphone device. It keep asking for
Please set the device IP address under Tools -> Device Ip Address
What IP address must be filled in here. I don't have a Iphone to test? or B4i Bridge?

Thanks
Danie

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

First of all you have to install www.b4x.com/ca.pem to your phone
Than you have to click create bridge app under builder
than you hae to navigate to ipaddress given by the console message to your with you phone to install the bridge

Upvote 0

daniedb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel. Nope don't have any Iphone/Ipad devices.
So that mean that I cant do iphone apps?
Thanks
Danie

Upvote 0

daniedb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

No, I don't have any mac Computer or iphone.
This line let me decide to buy it, but seem like I miss understood it
"This is the only development tool that allows you to develop native iOS apps without a local Mac computer."

I bought the
Hosted Mac Builder

I was under the impression, I don't need anything Mac/Iphone and still be able to develop apps, and only on deployment I need a Mac/IPhone

Regards
Danie

Upvote 0

daniedb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel, Ok, I've spend a few dollars for nothing then.. I just bought a Apple Developers account as well.
No we dont have anything I- related. Will see what I can do

Will a Mac Simulator/Emulator on Oracle Virtual PC maybe work? or any other suggestions?

Upvote 0

daniedb

Licensed User
Longtime User
HI Erel.
Give me a Day or 2. Even if you cancel the order, I don't think they will cancel the Apple Developers account.
Let me see If I can source a "Cheap" ipod or something somewhere.
I promise this customer a Iphone app. If I really can get right, I'll PM you.
What "Cheap" options regarding Iphone/Ipod would you suggest just to get me going. Once the App is Finish, I can always get the Customes Phone and upload, Right?
Just need something then to develop.

Upvote 0

daniedb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Will do that.
Dont know, but maybe you must change this.
Although it say in the requirements "An iOS device running iOS 7+."
later on the Page, it say:
>>>The builder service allows you to develop iOS applications without a local Mac computer.<<<<
>>> All of the development steps can be done with the builder service except of the <<<
>>>>>final step which is uploading the application to Apple App Store.
For someone like myself, which is not Native "english" speaking it's a little confusing. (Or maybe its just me, I dont know)
The way I read this was, that you can develop iOS apps, with B4i, and Host Mac Builder, and ONLY when you want to deploy, you need a IPhone.

And then also, I don't want to upload to the Apple Store, but rather (like b4a apk file) just Bluetooth to the Client Cell, and install

Upvote 0

daniedb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel.
All good. One of my clients is due for a Upgrade on his contract, so once done, she said I can take her old Iphone. About a week.
I found a IPod, but Ios 6.x or something. Not sure if I can upgrade to ios 7+
I'm completely stupid when it comes to Iphones/Mac/Apple. Dos 2.2 > Windows and ages ago Unix guy my whole life.
Some linux experience, but that more scarry than helpful :)
Thanks for the Help
Cherio
Danie

Upvote 0