iOS Question iPhone vs iPad app testing

Indy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

I'm doing a conversion of an Android app over to iOS. I started off using an iPone 5s to do all the testing. However, I got to a stage where I though I'd better test it out on an iPad. Unfortunately, things didn't work out well. I thought that testing between iPhone and an iPad would be just seeing the app running with more screen real-estate. I was wrong. I have found some quirks and issues between the two which I'm not sure how to address.

Has anyone here been successful in doing what I'm trying? I'd be interested to find out. My two devices are as follows;

iPhone 5s iOS 8.3
iPad 2 iOS 8.1

Amazing thing is my app which I have an Android version of works 100% the same on my Galaxy S (yes S) and Cube Talk 9X 9.7" tablet.

Here's a function that I use to populate a Scrollview with image thumbnails of pics taken by the camera. Works perfectly on my iPhone but not iPad. Can anyone spot any problems?

B4X:
Dim FL As List
   Dim i As Int = 0
   Dim ivpreviousleft As Int = 5
   Dim picdimensions As Int = 0
   FL = File.ListFiles(Main.ImagesDir) 'list images taken for case

Log(FL.Size)
   For Each filename In FL
     Dim iv As ImageView 'create an ImageView for each bitmap
     iv.Initialize("iv")
     picdimensions = ScrollView1.ContentHeight - 4
     iv.Tag = filename   
     iv.Bitmap = LoadBitmap(Main.ImagesDir, filename)
     ScrollView1.Panel.AddView(iv, ivpreviousleft, 2, picdimensions, picdimensions)
     iv.ContentMode = iv.MODE_FIT
     iv.SetBorder(1, Colors.Red, 4)
     ivpreviousleft = (iv.Left + iv.Width) + 5
     i = i + 1
     Log(iv.Left & ":" & iv.Width)
   Next

Indy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

Here's a screen shot from the iPhone and iPad version of the page in question; What you'll see is the portion at the bottom which displays thumbnails of images captured by the camera. On the iPhone everything is ok but, iPad seems to not display the 2nd image and also the one which is displayed seems to be cut off from the right. You can tell this by looking carefully at the imageview border is missing. The code I posted is what is being used on both. As I also mentioned in my original post, the android versions are both perfect - no difference between the phone and tablet.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0003.PNG
    IMG_0003.PNG
    82.4 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0002.PNG
    IMG_0002.PNG
    59.1 KB · Views: 241
Upvote 0