B4i Library iQBImagePicker - Multiple selection image picker

This is a wrapper for QBImagePicker https://github.com/questbeat/QBImagePicker, an image picker that provides for multiple image and video selection.

The wrapper includes helper functions which are primarily to copy the selected assets to a folder on the device but a few others have been included since I required them.

I have noticed that on the Simulator only local (in the DCIM folder) assets can be copied (not sure why) but on a real device I haven't noticed that limitation.

The list of PHAssetCollectionSubtypes (one or more of which are passed to the load function) can be found here https://github.com/mstg/iOS-full-sd...eworks/Photos.framework/Headers/PhotosTypes.h

QBImagePicker has built-in support for the following languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese Taiwan, Simplified Chinese, Portuguese, Polish, Russian.

Installation instructions (modified one of Alberto Iglesias' posts since I haven't tried the MAC HOSTED approach):

- Unzip QBImagePicker.zip into the folder "Libs" in your MAC or in your MAC HOSTED by AnywhereSoftware, normally in "B4i-MacServer\Libs" folder. This will result in iQBImagePicker.h, libiQBImagePicker.a and the folder QBImagePicker.framework being copied to the "Libs" folder.

-Copy the iQBImagePicker.xml to your custom libraries folder in B4i

-If you wish to use the simulator then use QBImagePickerSim.zip instead of QBImagePicker.zip. (There are only two files that are different between the two zips: libiQBImagePicker.a and QBImagePicker.framework/QBImagePicker.)

22/01/21 - Updated the demo and XML file to remove the references to passing -1 as a subType since it doesn't work.

08/05/21 - ver 1.10
Added Russian language localisation.​

22/05/21 - ver 1.20
Added a call to add your own language translation.
If you wish to use QBImagePicker with a language that is not built-in to the framework, you can you the command QBImagePicker.translations to provide your own translations for the required 11 strings.​
Added a call to return the framework's version number: QBImagePicker.frameworkVersion​

For the non-English languages to be recognised, you need to create subfolders in your project's files/special folder as per this thread: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/tutorial-for-localization-of-app-name.69618

iQBImagePicker

Author: Capt Kronos
Version: 1.2
  • QBImagePicker
    • Events:
      • cancelled
      • picked (assets As List)
    • Functions:
      • convertPHAssetToImage (thePHAsset As PHAsset*) As UIImage*
        <code>dim bmp as bitmap = aQBImagePicker.ConvertPHAssetToImage(assets.Get(i))</code>
      • copyPHAssetToFile (ThePHAsset As PHAsset*, destination As NSString*)
        <code>aQBImagePicker.CopyPHAssetToFile(assets.Get(i), "filename")</code>
      • createAlbum (albumName As NSString*) As BOOL
        <code>aQBImagePicker.createAlbum("myalbum") 'if myalbum already exists another album of the same name will be created</code>
      • existsAlbum (albumName As NSString*) As BOOL
        <code>aQBImagePicker.existsAlbum("myalbum") 'returns true if myalbum exists</code>
      • frameworkVersion As NSString*
        Returns the version of the framework.
      • getImageDataFromAsset (thePHAsset As PHAsset*) As NSDictionary*
        Be very careful with this one. Depending on which key you inspect, it can crash your app.
        <code>Dim dict As Object, dictMap As Map
        dict=QBImagePicker.getImageDataFromAsset(assets.Get(0))
        dictMap=NSDictionaryToMap(dict)
        Log(dictMap.Get("PHImageFileUTIKey"))</code>
      • getImageURLFromAsset (thePHAsset As PHAsset*) As NSString*
        <code>Dim url As String=QBPicker.getImageURLFromAsset(assets.Get(i))
        url=url.SubString(7) 'convert to regular path and filename</code>
      • initialize (bi As B4I*, eventName As NSString*)
        Initialises the picker.
        Example:<code>aQBImagePicker.initialize("qbimagepicker")</code>
      • load (myViewController As UIViewController*, mediaType As Int, subType As NSArray*, multiSelect As BOOL, minNumber As Int, maxNumber As Int, numColsInPortrait As Int, numColsInLandscape As Int, useiCloud As BOOL)
        Displays the picker.
        MyViewController: The page to host the picker
        MediaType: 1 - images; 2 - videos; 0 - any
        SubType: a list of PHAssetCollectionSubtypes - see below for the values
        <code>github.com/mstg/iOS-full-sdk/blob/master/iPhoneOS9.3.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Photos.framework/Headers/PhotosTypes.h</code>
        MultiSelect: True - allows more than one asset to be selected
        MinNumber: The minimum number of assets that must be selected
        MaxNumber: The maximum number of assets that can be selected
        NumColsInPortrait: The number of assets to display horizontally when in portrait (0 for default value)
        NumColsInLandscape: The number of assets to display horizontally when in landscape (0 for default value)
        useiCloud: True - will display assets on iCloud
        Example:<code>
        aQBImagePicker.load(pg, 1, subType, True, 1, 100, 0, 0, True)</code>
      • saveImageFileToAlbum (albumName As NSString*, imageURL As NSString*) As BOOL
        <code>aQBImagePicker.saveImageFileToAlbum("myalbum", File.Combine(File.DirDocuments,"myimage.jpg"))</code>
      • saveImageToAlbum (albumName As NSString*, image As UIImage*) As BOOL
        <code>aQBImagePicker.saveImageToAlbum("myalbum", bmp)</code>
      • saveVideoFileToAlbum (albumName As NSString*, videoURL As NSString*) As BOOL
        <code>aQBImagePicker.saveVideoFileToAlbum("myalbum", File.Combine(File.DirDocuments,"myvideo.mp4"))</code>
      • translations (albumsTitle As NSString*, assetsToolbarItemsSelected As NSString*, assetsToolbarItemSelected As NSString*, assetsFooterPhotoAndVideo As NSString*, assetsFooterPhotoAndVideos As NSString*, assetsFooterPhotosAndVideo As NSString*, assetsFooterPhotosAndVideos As NSString*, assetsFooterPhoto As NSString*, assetsFooterPhotos As NSString*, assetsFooterVideos As NSString*, assetsFooterVideos As NSString*)
        Overrides built-in translations
        <code>aQBImagePicker.translations( _
        "Photos", _​
        "%ld Items Selected", _​
        "%ld Item Selected", _​
        "%ld Photo, %ld Video", _​
        "%ld Photo, %ld Videos", _​
        "%ld Photos, %ld Video", _​
        "%ld Photos, %ld Videos", _​
        "%ld Photo", _​
        "%ld Photos", _​
        "%ld Video", _​
        "%ld Videos")​
        </code>

Usage:
B4X:
Dim aQBImagePicker As QBImagePicker
Dim subType As List
subType.Initialize
subType.Add(201)
aQBImagePicker.initialize("QBImagePicker")
'optionally, add a translation (translate the English parameters to the required language)
aQBImagePicker.translations( _ 
	"Photos", _
	"%ld Items Selected", _
	"%ld Item Selected", _
	"%ld Photo, %ld Video", _
	"%ld Photo, %ld Videos", _
	"%ld Photos, %ld Video", _
	"%ld Photos, %ld Videos", _
	"%ld Photo", _
	"%ld Photos", _
	"%ld Video", _
	"%ld Videos")
aQBImagePicker.load(Page1,1,subType,True,0,10,0,0,True)

Sub QBImagePicker_picked (assets As List)
    For i=0 To assets.Size-1
        QBPicker.CopyPHAssetToFile(assets.Get(i), destFilname)
    Next
End Sub

Attachments

• QBImagePickerDemo.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 25
  • iQBImagePicker.xml
    10 KB · Views: 17
  • QBImagePicker.zip
    259.7 KB · Views: 19
  • QBImagePickerSim.zip
    372 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

red30

Licensed User
Longtime User
When adding a mass of photos (more than 100 pieces), you have to click on each photo to select it. Is it possible to do it by holding on to one photo and stretching it further so that many photos stand out at once? As in android.

CaptKronos

Licensed User
When adding a mass of photos (more than 100 pieces), you have to click on each photo to select it. Is it possible to do it by holding on to one photo and stretching it further so that many photos stand out at once? As in android.
I'm afraid that's not possible without changing the code of QBImagePicker itself and looking at the QBImagePicker repository on GItHub it would appear that it is no longer maintained. (I only wrote the wrapper.)

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm afraid that's not possible without changing the code of QBImagePicker itself and looking at the QBImagePicker repository on GItHub it would appear that it is no longer maintained. (I only wrote the wrapper.)
Hello,

Thanks for the great lib. I have a question: I get the file and dir so that I can send it to my server with multipartdata. But I always get not found error when I provide the path to file like this:
("/"&dir&"/"&fn)
dir is directory
fn is filnename returned from the lib.

Any ideas?

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I could manage this by using this lib to get the uuid of file and use another module called phassets getvideo method to get the video.