iOS Question Is B4i 2.0 being tested with iOS 9 betas?

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have reports from users that my app crashes on start up when run on iOS 9 beta. It was generated using B4i version 2.0.

Are there known issues running B4i on iOS 9 betas?

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, it is available on the store as LeafSpy Pro. But if you send me an email address I can add you to the TestFlight program so you won't have to buy it.
WattsLeft.meter @ gmail.***

Actually you will need to use TestFlight as the version on the Store is many months old so not B4i Version 2.0.

iConnect is down right.

Upvote 0

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
I will need to think how to trim the code to something I could let out for testing.

iConnect is back up and I have added you to the testers group. Perhaps you can install and verify that it crashes in iOS 9 beta and get the fault code. I would do that but my iOS device is an iPhone 4 so limited to iOS 7. Thanks for any help.

And to answer Pendrush above questions, no I don't use Videoview. I did do a search before posting this question and found that one. Also Yes, I am using B4i 2.0.

Upvote 0

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
My app does use these inline routines.
B4X:
#If OBJC
#import <SystemConfiguration/CaptiveNetwork.h>

- (NSString *)currentWifiSSID {
    // Does Not work on the simulator.
    NSString *ssid = nil;
    NSArray *ifs = (__bridge_transfer id)CNCopySupportedInterfaces();
    for (NSString *ifnam in ifs) {
        NSDictionary *info = (__bridge_transfer id)CNCopyCurrentNetworkInfo((__bridge CFStringRef)ifnam);
        ssid = @"none";
        if (info[@"SSID"]) {
            ssid = info[@"SSID"];
        }
    }
    return ssid;
}
#end if
#If OBJC
#import <AVFoundation/AVFoundation.h>
- (void) setAudioSession2 {
  AVAudioSession *audioSession = [AVAudioSession sharedInstance];
  BOOL ok;
  NSError *setCategoryError = nil;
  ok = [audioSession setCategory:AVAudioSessionCategoryPlayback withOptions:AVAudioSessionCategoryOptionMixWithOthers
  error:&setCategoryError];
  if (!ok) {
  NSLog(@"%s setCategoryError=%@", __PRETTY_FUNCTION__, setCategoryError);
  }
}
#end if

Upvote 0

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you received the invite from iTunes? My control panel does not show that you have accepted the invite yet. When you get the invite you need to open it with the Apple email app. It will then direct you to install the TestFlight app which manages the test apps.

The invite will come from the "iTunes Store".
Subject will be: "TestFlight: You're invited to test LeafSpy Pro 1.0.19"
Sent to your "[email protected]" address.

If you can't find it I can remove and add you back which will generate another invite.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was able to borrow an unused iTouch 5th Gen from my brother and install iOS 9 beta 4. It fails when trying to read the current Wifi SSID.

Error is "Object was not initialized (NSObject)" with this line of code:
B4X:
SSID=NativeMe.RunMethod("currentWifiSSID", Null).AsString

The Objective C code for currentWifiSSID is in above post #7.

This code which you gave me some time back to read the SSID has worked fine on iOS 7 and 8. But now it is failing on iOS 9 beta.

Any ideas what the problem is and what needs to be changed/added to make reading the network SSID work again?

Upvote 0

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
I seem to have forgotten that I located the original code sample to read the SSID which now no longer works in iOS 9.

I will need to do some research with this new API.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Since I have very limited knowledge of Objective-C, I think I will just need to check for iOS 9 and skip reading the SSID.

Perhaps in the future I can find some sample Objective-C that will read the SSID using "NEHotspotHelper" which can then be ported to B4i.

Upvote 0