Is Google really that stupid?

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
It says 'lack reasonable sensitivity' this means their rule misses its own point and simply does a one-size-fits-all approach BANG. There can't be anything insensitive about giving the reason for closing the office

I couldn't agree more. And then we are back to your

the more alarming part is that your appeal fell out of the hands of the warm-blood component so quickly

because I got a quite quick and friendly reply explaining why the app was withdrawn. When I then argued that we just stated the office was closed, the next replay was "sorry, cannot comment further".

So even if they miss their own point, there is no way to object.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think
there is no way to object
I'd like to go even further and say it's a fool's errand to try to fight the machine. Assume you will never, ever win, against Google - regardless of who's right. Accept their rules and make the best of the situation. This means not trying to do "clever" things like hiding words in images, adding spaces, or trying to outsmart them with css.

Pick fights you have a chance of winning. This fight isn't one of them. Just give them what they want.

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
Happily I can peacefully entirely disagree with @Sandman but admit to falling speechless as well. If we take that route we would still have apartheid and the Berlin Wall would still be in existence....

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This reminds me,

boss_is_always_right.gif

Well, Google is BOSS here.

Regards,

Anand

Diceman

Licensed User
The website you refer to is only reporting on the non-availability of services because of the pandemic as a public service. This is exactly the same thing that Google itself is doing when it says

"While subscriptions are a large part of many app business models, two groups are currently seeing the largest impact: 1) those whose core businesses have been adversely affected by COVID-19 (such as live event ticketing), and 2) those who provide a public service with their content or services. "

So how can Google refer to "COVID-19" in the same manner as what you are doing?

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
interesting in terms of @Martin Larsen #1 and posts ff....

I googled something a few moments ago and noticed this : which makes their policy reported earlier a bit Animal Farm (OOPS just edited the typo in An[im]al); and, then, what was wrong with his app and its content?. the panel shown below still shows the event dates. {i searched Yodfat BTW where this is in the detail panel at right}

1588028472062.png

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
I resubmitted the new apk and got it approved by "Jessica". (Don't know if she is real).

Let's see how it goes...

Unfortunately the logs only went 2 weeks back so I couldn't tell what user agent google used to inspect the webview in the app.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Jessica eh? Keep her phone number (or whatever contact) and eventually mail her some flowers. Who knows? She could turn helpful for your next app (or one from anyone of your dear mates here in the community) :)

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Siri, Super Intelligent Responding Interface?
Me: Siri, do you know what time is it?
Siri: Yes
Me: Siri, can you tell me the time?
Siri: It's 15:13
Me: Good, ( now I know we leave in the same time zone). How is the weather? (with this I hope to restrict a bit my search)
Siri: Sunny (damn it, she's not in my town. Flowers shipping costs to be considered)
And so on.

ps: Did I tell you that I'm trying my best not to go back to work; at least not yet, for an hour or two.. eheh