is it possible to set device date and time?

serkanp

hi ,
i am using an android tv box device, which is 2.2 version.
the original manufacturer disabled date time settings from the settings menu.
so is there any way to change date time with basic4android?

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the full (not free) version of Titanium Backup installed on my devices and it has an option to Convert user apps <=> system apps.

I've no idea how it does this.

Martin.

Upvote 0

mc73

Licensed User
Longtime User
If time is needed just for your app, you can connect to a remote server during startup, read its date/time, and create a var containing the ticks diff from the device's original settings. Then, add/subtract and let your app have the 'correct' date/time.

Upvote 0

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the full (not free) version of Titanium Backup installed on my devices and it has an option to Convert user apps <=> system apps.

I've no idea how it does this.

Martin.
To "convert" a regular app to "system" app you will need a rooted device, the APK will be copied to the "/system/app" directory and installed from there, however, there are some caveats and also security concerns since the app will have higher privileges.

Upvote 0

yttrium

Licensed User
Longtime User
To "convert" a regular app to "system" app you will need a rooted device, the APK will be copied to the "/system/app" directory and installed from there, however, there are some caveats and also security concerns since the app will have higher privileges.
Precisely. However this won't work on the TV unless you have root access, which it probably does not.

This can also be done by simply copying the apk to /system/app/ via adb.

B4X:
adb shell
$ su
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock0 /system
# cp /path/to/my/apk/ /system/app/
# chmod 755 /system/app/my.apk

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0