iOS Question Issue with corner radius on label

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm going round in circles on this so posting and hoping someone can save my sanity.

I'm creating a view that lists conversations (like the main Whatsapp view or any other messaging app) for B4A & B4i. An xCustomListView holds a panel for each conversation. The right hand side of the panel has a label which shows the number of unread messages in that convo.

In the B4A version I can easily round the corners of the label to make it look like whatever number displayed is in a circle.

(How rounded the corners are is a #DesignerProperty of the control)

In B4i I am having an issue. As each panel is drawn, the corners are rounded (I can see this if I put breakpoints in my code). When all the panels have been drawn, the curved corners go back to being square.

Here it is, paused just after adding 3 panels....

IMG_0008.PNG

and here is immediately after the click event (which adds the entries) finishes.

IMG_0009.PNG

I can't spot where I've gone wrong! Hoping somebody would be kind enough to point me in the right direction.

The B4i part of the project (including demo cod) is attached along with the custom view as code.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Project.zip
    192.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Solution
That is the reason why I developed the AS_Label. This is the native IOS behavior.
if you want just an solution without the AS_Label, then read the first row in my lib. thread

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That is the reason why I developed the AS_Label. This is the native IOS behavior.
if you want just an solution without the AS_Label, then read the first row in my lib. thread

Upvote 2
Solution

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
I totally missed your AS_Label during my searches! Wow, thank you so much, that has worked perfectly. Coffee on its way!

Upvote 0