Android Question Issue with GPS example

Sreepathy T L

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I tried to run the GPS example on my Android 4.4.2 device - Lenovo S 660 -
B4X:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/gps-tutorial.6592/#content
I am seeing blank against Lat:, Lon: and Speed. Labels. I am not getting any errors in log

When I am logging GPS1 object in the starter module it displays "anywheresoftware.b4a.gps.GPS@39c37634" in the log.

Pls help in debugging.

I also tried using the fusedlocation library, however it is not working with sdk version 24 (which I need since I need to support android 4.4.2 devices onwards)
with error
B4X:
ERROR: In <declare-styleable> FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:fontVariationSettings

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Sreepathy T L

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is completely wrong. Must read: android.jar / targetSdkVersion / minSdkVersion

You should use android.jar from platform-28. Make sure to manage the SDK with B4A Sdk Manager.
When I use platform-28 for fusedlocation, it is not working on android 4.4.2 device (Error parsing package coming when tried to install through B4A bridge). So I am preferring "GPS" library.

Of late, I noticed that the Lat & Lon values are coming indoors after about 10-15 mins. How to solve this without used fused location?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You should use platform-28. Your app will work on Android 2.3+ (or 4.1+ if using Google Play Services). Start with solving this issue.

Of late, I noticed that the Lat & Lon values are coming indoors after about 10-15 mins. How to solve this without used fused location?
Start a new thread for any other question you have.

Upvote 0