Android Question Issue with Page Transition in B4XPages - Background Freeze

ykucuk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone,

I'm encountering a problem with page transitions in B4XPages. When navigating between pages, the previous page's image briefly freezes in the background for a few seconds. This is not the desired behavior, and I'm looking for a solution to prevent this. To give you a better idea of the issue, I've recorded a video demonstrating the problem: https://periger.com/B4XPages.MP4

Has anyone else faced this issue? Any advice on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

ykucuk

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is iOS, right?

It is a bit difficult to understand what we are seeing. Make sure to test it in release mode as things should be smoother.
I'm experiencing an unexpected delay of a few seconds when switching between screens on an iPhone 15 Pro running the release version. Could this delay be due to the data being loaded on the new screen (data loaded from a web service) arriving late? How might I troubleshoot or resolve this issue?

Upvote 0

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
Some sample code would help.
Some Questions:
When are you making the call to load data from the service in the b4xpage_appear event?
How are you making the call. What are you doing with the data when it is received?
You could start with some log messages at various points through your code which could include the current time (in ms), but very hard to guess with no concrete info provided.

Upvote 0