Android Question Issues during installation but is Mac's fault!!!

Blasco73

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo to all. I'm new to this community. I am an xCode & .Net (VB) developer and I would like to start to developing for android.
After a terrible experience with Eclipse+ Android ADT (I think that in 2013 is impossible to write XML code 4 design views:mad:) I bought this dev system, and beings a vb.net developer... Could be simply!!

The question is: can I install b4ppc into a virtual machine managed by parallel on Mac?
The guest operating system is a windows 8 pro 64bit. The problem is that after installation continue to ask me to install .net 3.5 but I have already installed 4.5 and there is no way to install 3.5!!
Someone have some experience on that?
Thanks to all.... And compliments to developer of basic4android is amazing (also the book);)

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Don't know about Parallels, but I've got mine installed on a Macbook Air, VmWare Fusion 5.0.3 both on Windows XP Pro and Windows 7 x64 (which I'm slowly moving all my applications over to). With no issues.

Upvote 0

Blasco73

Licensed User
Longtime User
@eps: my doubt is that I have problem with guest operating system... probably with Win7 PRO 64bit works better. I can try to initiate a new virtual machine with Win7 and test it!
@Erel: Now I can't.... I will try this afternoon.
Thanks very much for the reply.... I will inform you!

Upvote 0

alvinmb

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have basic4android working on a MacBook Pro running parallels running windows 7. No issues so far.

Upvote 0

Blasco73

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had no time to install a new virtual machine with Win7... but i thought that this could be the problem....
I trust of Erel but I would like to try.... :))))))))

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
windows 8 pro 64bit -
The problem is that after installation continue to ask me to install .net 3.5 but I have already installed 4.5 and there is no way to install 3.5!!
As it is Windows 8 have you tried

Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows Features On or Off
Select .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)

Upvote 0

Blasco73

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, yes obviously I've tried to switch on the .NET 3.5 features from the windows features, but makes always the same thing: after an attempt to download necessary files, goes to error.

Upvote 0