B4R Question Issues using b4R on parella desktop connecting to arduino

alvinmb

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I try and connect to a device ( Uno or 8266 based device) plugged into my USB port on Windows 7 running in a Parella desktop virtual machine on a Mac book Pro I never get an COM port displayed, so I cant connect to a device.
I can use the same device using the Arduino IDE on the same virtual machine and also running Arduino IDE native on the Mac. Any suggestions?

alvinmb

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I try and connect to a device ( Uno or 8266 based device) plugged into my USB port on Windows 7 running in a Parella desktop virtual machine on a Mac book Pro I never get an COM port displayed, so I cant connect to a device.
I can use the same device using the Arduino IDE on the same virtual machine and also running Arduino IDE native on the Mac. Any suggestions?
I have tried the arduino Uno and a wimos mini d1 d2.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can try to hard-code the board's setting in the ini file.

For example:
B4X:
BoardName=WeMos D1 R2 & mini
BoardArgs=esp8266:esp8266:d1_mini:CpuFrequency=80,FlashSize=4M3M,UploadSpeed=921600
SerialPort=COM47

The ini file path: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Anywhere Software\B4R

Make these changes when the IDE is closed and don't open the boards selector afterward.

Upvote 0

alvinmb

Licensed User
Longtime User
That did fix my problem.
Im now looking at why my USB ports appear to lock up, which could be the FTDi driver or a hardware problem with the boards.

Upvote 0