iOS Question iTunes upload failing error

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm trying to publish my first iOS app. Using Hosted Builder
Read multiple time tutorials, thread and received a few hints by forum members, but it still doesn't work for me.

Uploading ipa file.
Submitting app (this step can take several minutes to complete).
Error: *** Error: Error uploading 'Click For Lunch.ipa'.
*** Error: Unable to upload archive. Failed to get authorization for username 'schindler' and password. (
"Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=0 \"Status code: 0\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Status code: 0, NSLocalizedFailureReason=The auth server returned a bad status code.}"
) (-1011)
{
NSLocalizedDescription = "Unable to upload archive.";
NSLocalizedFailureReason = "Failed to get authorization for username 'schindler' and password. (\n \"Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=0 \\\"Status code: 0\\\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Status code: 0, NSLocalizedFailureReason=The auth server returned a bad status code.}\"\n)";
}

1. in Apple ID account I opened the section App specific passwords
1a. Created User ID: schindler and saved the generated password
2. in Apple Developer account created Identifier, Certificate and Profile as indicated below a 2a-c
2.a Identifier - Explicit- exact app name as shown in Project-Build Configuration
2b. Certificate - new MM30 certificate
2c: profiles - App Store profile linked to MM30 and explici identifier above
3. in program Main set both #CertificateFile and #ProvisionFile according to 2b/2c above
4. Tools\Build Server\Build Release app
5. Tools\Build Server\Download Last build (Archive.zip is generated)
6. Tools\Build Server\Upload App to iTunes Connect
6a use User Id/Password from 1a; used Archive from 5
7 ERROR

What's wrong with my procedure above? Anything else to set up somewhere on any of the multiple sites managed by Apple?

For what I understand, the above is to be used to publish an app.
Is there any way to use TestFlight for testing not owning a Mac or equivalent? Yes, I know we have OTA. But is TestFlight reserved exclusively for the club "Apple customers"?

BTW, I have a problem with OTA too, but this is matter for a different thread.

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think, try to double check if your Apple build configuration match your package.
also check if:
app-specific password is actually the correct pass for your app.
and user, I think it should be the email (your user apple account, if I remember correctly)

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think, try to double check if your Apple build configuration match your package.
also check if:
app-specific password is actually the correct pass for your app.
and user, I think it should be the email (your user apple account, if I remember correctly)
You are right...
User ID is your developer EMAIL address
And the password should be app specific password

Upvote 0

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As mentioned above.
Go to the page:

Find: Set App Password
Just enter the name of the app or your own name and a password will be created like:
wzoy-nfet-nblw-dqcy
You can always use this password for that account when you upload Apps to the Apple Store.

On B4i when you go to "Upload App to iTunes" use the same in the password field.

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you all.
So the problem was the use of the label associated with the specif app password instead of the developer email for the User ID field?
Let me try.

Upvote 0